Take Thai tea to the next level with this icy cold Thai Tea Smoothie that’s perfect for the warm summer months. Using only a few ingredients, this tasty Thai Tea Smoothie is so quick and easy to make.
This recipe will not only show you how to make Thai tea, but it will show you how to make a Thai tea smoothie! It also gives you the option to make it sugar-free and low carb, keto friendly.
What is a Thai Tea Smoothie?
A Thai tea smoothie has the original taste of the traditional beverage except that it is blended with ice cubes into an icy smoothie that makes it ultra refreshing and perfect for summer.
Feel free to add boba if preferred by purchasing tapioca balls you can boil at home.
What is Thai tea mix made of?
If you’ve ever wondered what’s in Thai tea, I have the answer! Thai tea is made from strong brewed black tea combined with ingredients such as cardamom, star anise, vanilla, and tamarind. It is then mixed with condensed milk.
Thai tea mix is not the same thing as Thai tea bags. Thai tea mix is pre-mixed and includes, powdered milk and sugar. This method is not sugar-free so it is not recommended for those on a low carb or keto diet.
How to make Thai tea?
To make Thai tea, brew Thai tea bags, then add sweetener of choice (condensed milk, sugar, sugar alternative) and choice of milk or dairy alternative (dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk etc.) Give it all a good stir and enjoy!
Is Thai tea healthy to drink?
Thai tea can be healthy but it depends on what you put in it. If you use a sugar-free alternative and healthy milk alternative, this Thai tea is perfect for those who are on a low carb, keto diet or just looking to stay away from sugar.
What is the nutrition information for this tea smoothie recipe?
- 205 Calories
- 2g Carbohydrates
- 0g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 22g Fat
- 82mg Cholesterol
- 34mg Sodium
- 45mg Potassium
- 39mg Calcium
- 0mg Iron
- 875ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Looking for other smoothie recipes?
- Strawberry Slushie
- Green Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
- Matcha Green Energy Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Berry Smoothie
Now, let’s get making this Thai Tea Smoothie recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Blending Time 1M
- Total Time 6M
- Net Carb/Serv ~2g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a heat resistant cup, place Thai Tea Bags inside and pour in hot water. Let steep approx 5 minutes then remove tea bag.
3) In a powerful blender, add sweetener, Thai tea, heavy cream and ice.
4) Blend everything together, top with optional whipped cream or use sugar free whipped cream for lower carb count. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your Thai Tea Smoothie!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Thai Tea Smoothie
- 2 Bags Thai Tea not the premixed version
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 Cup Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a heat resistant cup, place Thai Tea Bags inside and pour in hot water. Let steep approx 5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- In a powerful blender, add sweetener, Thai tea, heavy cream and ice.
- Blend everything together, top with optional whipped cream or use sugar free whipped cream for lower carb count. Enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*