For all you Thai iced tea fans, just in time for summer, I present to you the Keto Low Carb Thai Tea Smoothie!
Long before my low-carb/keto journey, I was a huge fan of Thai iced teas. I’d stop by Thai restaurants just to purchase one to-go, you know, the one that’s in a glass bottle with the gold cap.
If a certain Thai restaurant was offering a free thai tea with purchase, that was the one we were ordering dinner from!
It wasn’t until about a year into eating low-carb/keto that I started experimenting with different sweeteners and realizing I could make a lot of my favorite drinks by just replacing certain ingredients with low-carb/keto friendly ones.
In most Asian supermarkets, you’ll find powdered Thai tea mixes that contain powdered milk and sugar right in the mix. So as you guessed, I was so excited to find Thai Tea Bag that didn’t contain any of that extra stuff!
You got yourself a delicious Thai tea smoothie that is low-carb/keto friendly! Now kick up your feet and go enjoy this delicious drink this summer guilt-free!
For the Thai Tea Bag, make sure you find “tea bags” and not the pre-mixed Thai tea pouches. Those contain milk powder and sugar which is not what we want for this recipe if you’re looking to stay low-carb/keto. What you’re looking for a just plain Thai Tea Bag that you brew yourself with hot water.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Blending Time 1M
Total Time 6M
Net Carb/Serv ~2g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a heat resistant cup, place Thai Tea Bags inside and pour in hot water. Let steep approx 5 minutes then remove tea bag.
4) Blend everything together, top with optional whipped cream or use sugar free whipped cream for lower carb count. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Keto Low Carb Thai Tea Smoothie!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Thai Tea Smoothie
- 2 Bags Thai Tea not the premixed version
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 1 Cup Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a heat resistant cup, place Thai Tea Bags inside and pour in hot water. Let steep approx 5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- In a powerful blender, add Swerve/Monkfruit, Thai tea, heavy cream and ice.
- Blend everything together, top with optional whipped cream or use sugar free whipped cream for lower carb count. Enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*