A cold and refreshing Iced Matcha Latte recipe just like the ones you order at Starbucks. This Starbucks copycat recipe is a revitalizing drink that recharges and energizes you while giving you all the health benefits that matcha provides.
If you like iced matcha green tea, you will love this refreshing drink. Creamy and slightly sweetened, this healthy iced matcha latte recipe is so easy and only requires three ingredients.
No need to wait in the long lines at your local Starbucks. Just make it at home!
What is Iced Matcha Latte?
This drink is a Starbucks copycat but made with sugar-free friendly ingredients. Matcha is mixed with hot water and monkfruit erythritol blend. Then ice and heavy cream is added for a low carb & keto friendly Iced Matcha Latte recipe.
Is Iced Matcha green tea latte healthy?
This recipe is fully customizable giving you the option of using healthier milk and sweeteners. Overall, this drink is very low carb and sugar-free.
Matcha has been long reputed for centuries that it possesses stronger health benefits than green tea.
Some of the known health benefits are:
- Matcha is packed with antioxidants.
- Caffeine is more concentrated in matcha and therefore boosts concentration and alertness.
- Theanine in matcha promotes relaxation, reduces stress and improves sleep.
- Boosts metabolism and promotes weightless
- Prevents disease and lowers blood sugar
What ingredients do I need and how do you make iced matcha latte?
- Matcha Powder – you can use ceremonial grade matcha or culinary grade matcha. Ceremony grade is much more expensive but has a vibrant green color. Matcha can be found in most Asian supermarkets as well as on Amazon.
- Sweetener – to keep our drinks sugar-free and low carb, our preferred sweetener is monkfruit erythritol blend. It is low carb, keto friendly and has 0 calories. Feel free to use your preferred sweetener or regular cane sugar, honey, agave, or even maple syrup.
- Choice of Milk – you can use your preferred choice of milk including: dairy milk, almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk etc.
Add Matcha Powder, sweetener to taste and hot water into glass. Mix Matcha Powder using a matcha whisks (bamboo whisk) until dissolved and no clumps remain.
Next add ice cubes, and pour milk of choice, followed by the cold water, whisking in each ingredient. Stir and enjoy.
What is matcha?
Matcha is finely ground powder from green tea leaves that are grown specifically in the shade, which produces more theanine and caffeine.
The theanine in the tea leaves is what promotes relaxation, reduces stress and improves sleep, as well as boosts concentration and alertness.
The entire process of making matcha green tea powder takes several weeks, which may explain the hefty price, however, the benefits are undeniable!
What type of matcha should I use?
I always prefer loose matcha powder but you can also use matcha tea bags for ease if you prefer.
When purchasing matcha powder, notice there is culinary grade and ceremonial grade. Their prices differ greatly.
Culinary is less expensive and will work fine for this recipe.
Ceremonial grade is more expensive and is also very bright green in color compared to culinary grade. The flavor and taste difference between the two are very subtle.
What is the nutrition information for this iced matcha green tea recipe?
- 64 Calories
- 1g Carbohydrates
- 0g Fiber
- 2g Protein
- 6g Fat
- 21mg Cholesterol
- 18mg Sodium
- 0mg Potassium
- 0mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 421ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Did you have another matcha recipes I can try?
- Matcha Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Matcha Cream Cheese Foam Milk Tea
- Hot Matcha Latte
- Matcha Dalgona
- Starbucks Copycat Matcha Creme Frappucino
Now, let’s get started making this Iced Matcha Latte recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Total Time 1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Add Matcha Powder, sweetener and hot water into glass. Mix Matcha Powder until dissolved.
3) Next add ice cubes, heavy cream followed by the cold water, whisking in each ingredient.
Hope you enjoy your Iced Matcha Latte!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!More Recipes
Iced Matcha Latte
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 1 /2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/3 Cup Hot Water
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 3/4 Cup Cold Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Add Matcha Powder, sweetener and hot water into glass. Mix Matcha Powder until dissolved.
- Next add ice cubes, heavy cream followed by the cold water, whisking in each ingredient.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*