Believe it or not, I have a huge sweet tooth! And since my lifestyle change, I’m always – and I mean always – in search of low-carb/keto desserts! It’s almost an obsession that I might have to seek therapy out for!
Anyway, one day I came across a panna cotta recipe and I thought, “I can make this low-carb/keto.” So after a few test batches, I came up with this incredibly rich, smooth and tasty green tea Matcha Panna Cotta made with organic Japanese Matcha powder.
For those who are unfamiliar with Matcha, it is finely ground powder from green tea leaves that are specially grown in the shade which produces more theanine and caffeine. Some health benefits of Matcha include promoting relaxation, reducing stress and improving sleep, as well as boosting concentration and alertness.
Now back to the dessert, it’s very easy to make and whips up in less than 10 minutes. So, if you’re a sweet tooth like me, go make this dessert. You won’t regret it and you’ll save money on that therapy as well!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 10M
Cooling Time 4H
Total Time 4H10M
Net Carb/Serv ~4g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Meanwhile, mix the gelatin with water in a small mixing bowl until combined.
5) Mix in the gelatin and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
6) Use a strainer to strain the mixture into 6 dessert cups. This ensures a smooth panna cotta without any lumps.
7) Refrigerate until mixture hardens (about 4 hours).
Enjoy your yummy low-carb/keto Matcha Panna Cotta!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Matcha Panna Cotta
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1/4 Cup Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1 tbsp Gelatin one envelope
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat heavy cream, half & half and Swerve/Monkfruit stirring frequently until boiling point. Once heavy cream reaches boiling point, remove from heat immediately.
- Meanwhile, mix the gelatin with water in a small mixing bowl until combined.
- Add Matcha into the medium sauce pan and whisk to fully dissolve the powder.
- Mix in the gelatin and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Use a strainer to strain the mixture into 6 dessert cups. This ensures a smooth panna cotta without any lumps.
- Refrigerate until mixture hardens (about 4 hours).
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*