Matcha lovers, this low carb Matcha Tofu Pudding recipe is deliciously rich, smooth, and perfect for when you want an easy and healthy dessert to make at home!
If you’re looking for silken tofu desserts or soft tofu pudding recipes, you will be surprised by how easy and simple it is to make this tofu dessert. With only a few ingredients, you can have a healthy, low carb, and sugar-free tofu dessert in no time.
What is tofu pudding?
This silken tofu pudding recipe resembles a soft, creamy pudding texture that is made from silken tofu as a base instead of the traditional method of using cornstarch and milk.
Note – this recipe is not to be mistaken for tofu pudding (douhua) originating from Taiwan, which is a firm set pudding made from gypsum, agar agar, or more similar to that of a soft set gelatin topped with ginger sugar syrup.
Are tofu desserts healthy?
If you’re looking for healthy recipes to cure your sweet tooth, then tofu desserts are right up your alley! They are high in protein and by using a sweetener like monkfruit erythritol blend, you also get a sugar-free dessert that you can enjoy guilt-free.
Is tofu good for weight loss diet?
Tofu is low in calories and high in protein. Consuming tofu keeps you feeling full for longer which can in turn help with weigh-loss.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make tofu pudding?
- Silken Soft Tofu – self-stable silken tofu found in most Asian supermarkets. You can also use soft tofu.
- Sweetener – monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar, or sweetener of choice.
- Matcha Powder – use culinary or ceremonial matcha. Ceremonial is very expensive so I recommend culinary matcha.
- Vanilla Extract – pure extract made from vanilla bean pods and sold in most supermarkets.
- Heavy Cream – use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
Place ingredients into a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Place in the refrigerator to chill and enjoy!
What kind of tofu do you use to make silken tofu pudding?
I use soft silken tofu that comes in a self-stable box. You can find them in most Supermarkets. You can also use soft tofu but the texture will be slightly different.
Silken tofu is much more softer and delicate than regular tofu. This is because the soy milk is solidified in its container rather than being pressed to get the whey out.
Is silken tofu the same as dessert tofu?
Silken tofu has a light neutral taste and therefore can be used to make different types of tofu desserts. In particular, vegan desserts using tofu are very popular.
What is the nutrition information for this soft tofu pudding recipe?
- 164 Calories
- 3g Carbohydrates
- 2g Fiber
- 9g Protein
- 7g Fat
- 26mg Cholesterol
- 7mg Sodium
- 145mg Potassium
- 72mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 376ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Did you have any other healthy dessert recipes I could try out?
Now, let’s get making this Matcha Tofu Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Cooling Time 30M
- Total Time 31M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until pudding like texture is achieved (about 15 seconds).
3) Transfer pudding into a serving bowl, cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes has passed, enjoy chilled!
Hope you enjoy your Matcha Tofu Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Matcha Tofu Pudding
- 12 oz Silken Soft Tofu
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp Matcha Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Combine all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until pudding like texture is achieved (about 15 seconds).
- Transfer pudding into a serving bowl, cover and place in fridge for 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes has passed, enjoy chilled!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*