Jump to Recipe
My all-time favorite drink is milk tea. More specifically, Jasmine Green Milk Tea. That is my jam. Since going keto, it’s been hard trying to get my milk tea fix because many of the boba shops I frequent use milk (not keto friendly) and personally, I prefer it to be sweetened as well. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with making a keto friendly milk tea and finally I have come up with what I think is an authentic Taiwanese tasting milk tea. The kind with a bold fragrant tea taste complimented by a creamy sweet finish.
I am not a coffee drinker like my husband, but I still need my caffeine fix in the morning so this milk tea recipe along with my Matcha Milk Tea are my two go-to drinks in the morning. I’m also not mad about the health benefits that jasmine milk tea provides. Studies have shown that jasmine tea supports weight-loss, controls diabetes, prevents cancer, and helps boost the immune system. If you prefer making traditional milk tea, you can just substitute jasmine tea leaves with black tea leaves and the results are just as delicious. Both teas have their own benefits and characteristics that match this recipe very well.
Now I have to take a moment to talk about my favorite thing in my whole kitchen, which is saying a lot. That is my Bottom Dispensing Teapot. It is so convenient and easy to use and clean. I recommend every tea drinker to have one. Especially if you are brewing loose leaf teas which, in my opinion, produces much better tasting tea than tea bags. All you do is put tea leaves in the pot, fill it with boiling water and let it brew for a few minutes. Then you place the pot over a glass and it automatically dispenses. It is truly a great invention!
**You can replace half and half with heavy cream if you are strict keto however, we choose to use half and half for the consistency since the amount is only a couple tablespoons.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 1M
Steep Time 3-5M
Total Time 4-6M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all ingredients.
3) Let steep for 3-5 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger and bolder the tea will be.
4) Fill glass with ice cubes.
5) Place teapot over glass and dispense tea till about 3/4 full.
6) Pour in 1-2 tbsp of half and half (I use 2 tbsp).
7) Add Swerve to taste (I use about 2 tsp).
Enjoy! If you haven’t already, make sure you also check out the Asian Matcha Milk Tea recipe!
Note: You are welcome to try other sweeteners with this recipe however, I have only tried it with Swerve so I can not guarantee how other sweeteners will affect the taste of the milk tea.
Homemade Milk Tea
- 2 tsp Jasmine or Black Loose Leaf Tea
- 16 oz Boiling Water
- 1-2 tbsp Half and Half up for personal preference
- 1-2 tbsp Swerve or Monkfruit up for personal preference
- Gather all ingredients.
- Put jasmine or black tea leaves in the teapot, and pour in the boiling water.
- Let steep for 3-5 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger and bolder the tea will be.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Place teapot over glass and dispense tea till about 3/4 full.
- Pour in 1-2 tbsp of half and half (I use 2 tbsp).
- Add Swerve to taste (I use about 2 tsp).
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*