Skip the boba shops and make this delicious and refreshing keto milk tea recipe right in your own kitchen. This very simple recipe will have you enjoying milk tea any time of the day!
I don’t know about you all, but growing up in a Taiwanese family, milk tea has always been a staple in our household and therefore it is my all time favorite drink. No boba pearls of course!
I know many of you miss these classic signature boba shop drinks as much as myself so it has been my mission to bring you low carb versions of these drinks that you can make in the comfort of your own home.
And what better way than starting with a classic jasmine milk tea recipe!
What is Keto Milk Tea?
Keto milk tea is bold fragrant brewed tea complimented by a creamy sweet finish using half n half and sweetener.
It is often the staple drink offered at many boba tea shops around the world.
What kind of tea leaves do you recommend using for Keto Milk Tea?
I recommend using loose leaf jasmine or black tea.
What is the best way to brew tea for a milk tea recipe?
You can use a traditional teapot or our favorite way is using a bottom tea dispenser. Make sure you give it enough time because you want a strong brew (5 min) for this milk tea recipe.
Do you have any tips or tricks to making this milk tea recipe?
- Make sure you aim for a strong tea brew so you get that bold and fragrant tea flavor.
- Adjust the sweetener 1 tsp at a time depending on your preference.
- If you prefer a stronger bolder brew, you may want to consider using black loose leaf tea.
Do you have other keto boba style drink recipes I can try?
- Matcha Cream Cream Foam Milk Tea
- Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea
- Strawberry Matcha Latte
- Taiwanese Sea Salt Coffee
- Sea Salt Iced Green Tea
- Full Collection of Drink Recipes
Now, let’s get making some Milk Tea!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Steep Time 5M
- Total Time 6M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all ingredients.
3) Add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and mix well.
4) Fill glass with ice cubes.
5) Pour in half and half and mix well.
Hope you enjoy your Milk Tea!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Homemade Milk Tea
- 2 tsp Jasmine or Black Loose Leaf Tea
- 10 oz Water Boiling
- 2 tbsp Half n Half
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice
- 1 Cup Ice
- Gather all ingredients.
- Put Jasmine or Black Tea Leaves in the teapot, and pour in the boiling water. Let steep for 3-5 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger and bolder the tea will be.
- Add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and mix well.
- Fill glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in heavy cream and mix well.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*