Enjoy this easy keto sugar-free Mojito whenever you’re in the mood for a cocktail! Lime, mint leaves, rum, carbonated water and a little monkfruit blend makes this mojito so delicious and refreshing!
I’m not a big drinker, to say the least, but occasionally I like to wind down the day with an adult beverage. Because most wine and beer aren’t keto or low carb, I turn to cocktails made from spirits that I can customize.
Now you might be wondering what alcoholic beverages are keto low carb friendly?
If you stick to pure spirits like vodka, rum, whiskey, tequila, brandy, and gin which all have zero carbs, you can rest assured.
Other alcoholic beverages such as wine, beer, and champagne all contain some amount of carbs and consuming them would be based on whether they fit into your own diet plan.
Remember, everyone’s journey is their own and there is no right or wrong!
When sticking to spirits, many of you like myself probably don’t prefer drinking them straight, so I tend to make low-carb/keto versions of more traditional cocktails.
During warm summer months, I tend to like refreshing beverages which is where my idea of creating an easy keto mojito came about.
I started with just the basics: rum, carbonated water, mint leaves, and limes. It was good but I thought it needed a little sweetness, so I added monkfruit blend and let me tell you, I was blown away at how deliciously refreshing it was!
Not only is this keto mojito delicious, but it’s literally the easiest adult beverage to make!
Don’t worry if you don’t have a muddler, I’ve used the back of a wooden spatula and it works perfectly fine!
So next time you’re craving a refreshing and delicious cocktail, kick back with ht is this keto sugar-free mojito. You can thank me later!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 2M
Total Time 2M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Slice lime and set aside.
4) In a new glass cup/tumbler, combine a slice of lime with mint leaves. Muddle 5-6 six times until mints are mashed together with lime juice. Note – don’t over muddle otherwise too much lime oil will make the mojito taste bitter.
5) Add ice, sweetened liquid from step 3), white rum and top off with carbonated water. Give your keto mojito a quick mix before enjoying!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb Keto Mojito!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 1 Slice Lime
- 8 Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 6 fl oz Carbonated Water we use SodaStream
- 2 Cubes Ice
- 1.5 fl oz White Rum
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Slice lime and set aside.
- In glass cup/tumbler, add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and 2 tbsp carbonated water. Mix well until all the Monkfruit Erythritol Blend has dissolved (about 20-30 seconds) and then set aside.
- In a new glass cup/tumbler, combine a slice of lime with mint leaves. Muddle 5-6 six times until mints are mashed together with lime juice. Note - don't over muddle otherwise too much lime oil will make the mojito taste bitter.
- Add ice, sweetened liquid from step 3), white rum and top off with carbonated water. Give your keto mojito a quick mix before enjoying!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*