Creamy chocolatey Sugar Free Hazelnut Nutella Spread is so easy to make and healthier than store bought version. Using only 5 ingredients, this sugar-free homemade keto Nutella recipe will become a new staple in your kitchen!
There is nothing better than creamy, chocolatey, nutty Nutella to spread on just about anything from pancakes and waffles to crepes and berries.
All natural ingredients and no coloring, preservatives or additives!
This low carb nutella recipe uses ingredients that are not only gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, keto and low carb friendly, but the taste, rivals the original!
Once you make a jar of this delicious sugar free chocolate hazelnut spread, I promise you will be a fan for life!
What is Sugar Free Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate?
Sugar Free Nutella hazelnut chocolate is made from roasted hazelnuts, coconut oil, cocoa powder, monkfruit, and vanilla extract.
They are blended in a food processor until smooth and creamy. It is a healthier, homemade, keto low carb version of the original Nutella hazelnut spread.
Homemade sugar free nutella is very easy to make and can be stored for at least a few months.
What nuts are in nutella?
The nutty flavor in Nutella is made from hazelnuts. It is blended with cocoa powder until smooth and creamy.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make sugar free Nutella?
- Hazelnuts – roasted, unsalted. Roasting raw hazelnuts is a very easy process if you can’t find already roasted ones.
- Coconut Oil – use 100% coconut oil.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – a high quality cocoa powder is preferred.
- Sweetener – monkfruit erythritol blend or sweetener of choice. Adjust sweetness to your liking.
- Vanilla Extract – gives the hazelnut spread a depth of flavor.
Add hazelnuts to food processor and pulse until a paste forms. Then slowly add in coconut oil until smooth buttery like consistency. Then add remaining ingredients and pulse until smooth texture forms.
Place in microwave for a few seconds when ready to use.
If using a blender, ensure you have a powerful blender to achieve the desired smooth texture and consistency.
Is Nutella good for keto diet?
This Nutella, chocolate hazelnut spread recipe is perfect for the keto diet since it is high in fat, low in carbs and sugar-free.
Store brought version are made with sugar, so it wouldn’t be good for a keto diet.
What is the nutrition information for this sugar free Nutella recipe?
- 575 Calories
- 13g Carbohydrates
- 7g Fiber
- 10g Protein
- 58g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 1mg Sodium
- 484mg Potassium
- 68mg Calcium
- 4mg Iron
- 0ui Vitamin A
- 4mg Vitamin C
Looking for other recipes to use Sugar Free Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate on?
- Cream Cheese Pancakes
- French Toast
- Japanese Fluffy Cheesecake
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Chaffle
Now, let’s making this Sugar Free Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate recipe!
- Prepping Time 10M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Serving 1/3 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If your Roasted Hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s OK.
3) In a food processor, pulse Roasted Hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
4) Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
Hope you enjoy your Sugar Free Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Sugar Free Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnuts toasted and husked
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If your hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s ok.
- In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cocoa powder, sweetener, and vanilla extract. Continue pulsing for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*