Creamy chocolatey Keto Hazelnut Nutella Spread is so easy to make and healthier than store bought version. Using only 5 ingredients, this sugar-free homemade keto Nutella recipe will become a new staple in your kitchen!
There is nothing better than creamy, chocolatey, nutty Nutella to spread on just about anything from pancakes and waffles to crepes and berries.
It’s so popular in my household that I decided to experiment and make a keto sugar free version that tastes better and is much healthier for you!
All natural ingredients and no coloring, preservatives or additives!
This recipe uses ingredients that are not only keto and low carb friendly, but the taste, in my opinion, rivals the original!
Once you make this delicious hazelnut spread, I promise you will be a fan for life!
What is Keto Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate Spread?
Keto Nutella hazelnut chocolate is made from roasted hazelnuts, coconut oil, cocoa powder, monkfruit, and vanilla extract.
They are blended in a food processor until smooth and creamy. It is a healthier, homemade, keto low carb version of the original Nutella hazelnut spread.
What kind of food processor do you recommend using to make Nutella hazelnut spread?
I use a mini 3 cup food processor, but you can use any type you prefer. The stronger the motor, the smoother the spread will get.
Do you have any tips or tricks in making this keto Nutella recipe?
- Add in the coconut oil slowly in between pulsing to help with emulsification.
- This recipe will not be as smooth as store bought version simply because we’re using a household food processor, not an industry one. But the longer you pulse and blend, the smoother it will get.
- If it gets clumpy, adjust by adding a little bit of coconut oil and continue blending.
- Store this spread in the refrigerator for up to 1 month
- This Nutella will harden in the refrigerator. To soften, just pop in the microwave for a few seconds.
What can I use this keto Nutella Spread on?
Here are some options below for keto low carb recipes that would go great with this homemade hazelnut nutella spread.
- Keto Crepes
- Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Keto French Toast
- Japanese Fluffy Cheesecake
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Chaffle
Now, let’s making this Keto Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate recipe!
- Prepping Time 10M
- Total Time 10M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Serving 1/3 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If your Roasted Hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s OK.
3) In a food processor, pulse Roasted Hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
4) Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnuts toasted and husked
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If your hazelnuts are not husked, just place them in a bowl or colander with another bowl covering the top and shake vigorously. Not all the husk will be removed but that’s ok.
- In a food processor, pulse hazelnuts until it becomes a paste. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add melted coconut oil (put in microwave for 10-30 seconds to melt) and continue pulsing until a smooth like butter consistency. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, cocoa powder, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, and vanilla extract. Continue pulsing for 1-2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*