A crunchy, garlic and onion macadamia nuts recipe that you can easily make in your kitchen. These healthy garlic onion macadamia nuts taste just like the ones you buy in Hawaii and are the perfect low carb snack!
One thing I always look forward to eating when visiting Hawaii is their macadamia nuts.
But it can’t be just any macadamia nut, they have to be the garlic and onion flavored ones! They are so deliciously addicting! Learn how easy they are to make at home.
What are Hawaiian Onion Garlic Macadamia Nuts?
This simple recipe contains roasted macadamia nuts tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, onion salt, and parsley flakes. A perfect and simple seasoning for macadamia nuts. Macadamia nuts are a crunchy texture and mild flavor.
This recipe does not require any baking. Just give the seasonings and macadamia nuts a quick toss and they’re ready to enjoy.
Are macadamia nuts healthy?
Macadamia nuts are the perfect healthy and nutritious low carb snack. They provide healthy fats your body needs for fuel and are low in carbs.
Macadamia nuts are roughly 75% healthy fats and only 1 g of net carbs per serving.
Can you eat raw macadamia nuts?
Raw macadamia nuts are fine to eat however the macadamias sold in supermarkets are usually roasted.
What is the best way to eat macadamia nuts?
Macadamia nuts are complementary to many recipes. Here are some options:
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Macadamia Nut Butter
- Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi
- Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
What ingredients do I need and how do you make garlic onion macadamia nuts?
- Roasted Macadamia Nuts – you can use salted or unsalted depending on preference.
- Olive Oil – use olive oil or extra virgin olive oil. Avocado oil also works.
- Garlic Powder – fine garlic powder derived from fresh dried garlic.
- Onion Salt – dried onion powder combined with salt. Sold in the seasoning aisle at supermarkets.
- Parsley Flakes – dried parsley flakes.
Coat macadamia nuts with oil. Add seasonings and toss until well combined. Store in air tight container.
What kind of macadamia nuts should I use to make this recipe?
I always buy lightly salted macadamia nuts in bulk at Costco but any type that is roasted and preferably lightly salted works best.
How should I store these Hawaiian onion garlic macadamia nuts once made?
Store macadamia nuts in an air-tight container.
What is the nutrition information for this macadamia nut recipe?
- 494 Calories
- 10g Carbohydrates
- 6g Fiber
- 5g Protein
- 52g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 585mg Sodium
- 248mg Potassium
- 57mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 0ui Vitamin A
- 1mg Vitamin C
Did you have other macadamia nut recipe?
- White Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts
- White Chocolate Matcha Covered Macadamia Nuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Macadamia Nuts
- Kung Pao Chicken Stir Fry
So let’s get making this Hawaiian Onion Garlic Macadamia Nut recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Total Time 1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~2g
- Servings 2-3
- 1 Cup Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Salt
- 1/4 tsp Parsley Flakes
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a small bowl combine garlic powder, onion salt, and parsley flakes and mix well.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, combine Roasted Macadamia Nuts and olive oil and toss to coat.
4) Next, add the seasoning mixture and toss again until Roasted Macadamia Nuts are fully coated.
Hope you enjoy your Hawaiian Onion Garlic Macadamia Nuts!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Hawaiian Onion Garlic Macadamia Nuts
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine garlic powder, onion salt, and parsley flakes and mix well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine macadamia nuts and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Next, add the seasoning mixture and toss again until macadamia nuts are fully coated.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*