This keto Peruvian chicken soup aka Aguadito de Pollo is such a filling and hearty soup!
We are lucky to live near this Peruvian restaurant that serves the most amazing soup called aquadito de pollo (Peruvian chicken soup).
It contains chicken, vegetables, rice, and lots of cilantro. The flavors meld together so wonderfully that of course, we had to make this keto low carb Peruvian chicken soup – aguadito de pollo here on LCA!
Typically, the vegetables used include corn, peas, carrots and potatoes as well as rice.
However, for the sake of keeping this recipe as low-carb/keto as possible, we only used celery and green beans.
In addition, we also substituted the rice for cauliflower rice.
This way you can still enjoy the flavors of this wonderful soup without all the carbs! Also, don’t forget a squeeze of lime at the end to provide that wonderful zesty Peruvian finish!
This soup infuses flavors of chicken and vegetable broth into a zesty cilantro profile with oils of chicken glistening up on top.
All this makes for a nice soup meal that comes in at a low-carb/keto friendly ~2g of net carb per serving.
Now, let’s get cooking!Prepping Time 5M
Cooking Time 18M
Total Time 23M
Net Carb/Serv ~2g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
3) Dice onions and celery set aside.
4) Chop green beans and also set aside.
6) In a large stove top pot, heat olive oil on high heat. Add onions and sauté until slightly brown. Approximately 3 minutes.
7) Next, add chicken broth, chicken, green beans, celery and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
9) Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a wedge of lime.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Peruvian Chicken Soup – Aguadito de Pollo!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Peruvian Chicken Soup - Aguadito de Pollo
- 1 lbs Chicken Thighs Boneless and Skinless
- 2 Quarts Chicken Broth
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Cup Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 Whole Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Cup Cauliflower Rice
- 15 Stems Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Water for blending cilantro
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1 Whole Lime
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Dice onions and celery set aside.
- Chop green beans and also set aside.
- Using a food processor or blender, blend cilantro and garlic in half cup of water and set aside.
- In a large stove top pot, heat olive oil on high heat. Add onions and sauté until slightly brown. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth, chicken, green beans, celery and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add blended cilantro and garlic, cauliflower rice, salt and monkfruit. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a wedge of lime.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*