Indulge in the exquisite delight of Seafood Gratin Bake, a sumptuous dish that combines an assortment of delectable seafood with a rich and creamy bechamel sauce. This culinary seafood mix is then crowned with a blanket of luscious melted cheese, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors and textures.
How to make Seafood Gratin Bake?
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine seafood mix with white wine. Cook until the wine is evaporated, around 3-5 minutes, and transfer to a holding bow.
- Rinse the skillet with water and add butter with the rice of choice. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Next stir in and whisk heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, grated garlic, nutmeg, and cooked seafood mix. Simmer until the cheese melts, around 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the seafood bake mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle Gruyere cheese on top. Broil the mix for 4-6 minutes until the cheese on top is browned.
- Feel free to garnish with some fresh chopped parsley and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
Feel free to add some shrimp, onions, and clam juice when cooking the seafood mix for some extra flavor!
What ingredients do I need to make seafood bake?
- Rice – rice of choice, use cauliflower rice for a low carb recipe.
- Butter – salted or unsalted.
- Garlic – grated fresh garlic.
- Seafood Mix – frozen seafood mix found in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- White Wine – dry white wine such as chardonnay or pinot grigio.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – heavy cream or heavy whipping cream.
- Grated Parmesan – use grated parmesan or a blend found in the self-stable section of supermarkets.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Black Pepper – ground.
- Nutmeg – ground powder in a bottle.
- Gruyere Cheese – fresh and found at the cheese section of grocery stores. Can also other sharp cheese such as comte, fontina, or dubliner.
- Parsley – fresh chopped and used as a garnish.
What does gratin mean?
Gratin refers to a dish that is baked and finished with a light browned crust, which can be achieved using either breadcrumbs or cheese.
Can seafood gratin bake be frozen?
Absolutely! You can freeze seafood gratin bake in an airtight container. When you’re ready to enjoy it, simply microwave it until heated through. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 1-2 months, maintaining its quality and flavors.
Looking for other bake recipes?
- Japanese Chicken Gratin
- Spaghetti Squash Chicken Gratin
- Bacon Cheddar Gratin
- Trader Joe’s Meatball with Feta
- Feta Ground Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers
Seafood Gratin Bake
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to broil 500F.
- Grate garlic with a grater or mince and set aside.
- In a Teflon frying pan, add frozen seafood mix (does not need to defrost) and white wine. Cook for 3-5 minutes on high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to holding bowl once done.
- Using the same Teflon frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, stir in the rice and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper, grated garlic, nutmeg and cooked seafood mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted and mixed in thoroughly.
- Transfer cooked rice into a baking dish packing in tightly and sprinkle shredded Gruyere cheese on top ensuring everything is covered. Transfer to oven and bake for 4-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- In the meantime, chop up the parsley. Once the gratin is done, top with chopped parsley and serve hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*