Learn how to make tender juicy shrimp that’s cooked to perfection then dipped in a homemade wasabi cocktail sauce that will blow your mind!
Why pay restaurant prices for shrimp cocktails when you can make your own at home?
Not only will it save your wallet, but it will be the best shrimp cocktail you have ever tasted!
We tested different cooking times and methods on how to make the perfect shrimp cocktail and cocktail sauce so that you don’t have to!
But honestly, the cocktail sauce is what takes this classic appetizer to the next level.
Adding wasabi really gives the cocktail sauce a nice kick and complements the shrimp perfectly. Best of all, we made it keto and low carb friendly!
What is keto shrimp cocktail?
For this dish, when we say keto, we are referring to the shrimp cocktail sauce because classic cocktail sauces contain sugar. Shrimp, being a protein is of course low in carbs already so it’s the cocktail sauce you need to worry about when on a keto and low carb diet.
How do you make keto shrimp cocktail sugar free?
With the use of sweetener alternatives such as monkfruit/erythritol blends in the cocktail sauce makes it sugar free and low carb friendly.
Are there any tips to make keto shrimp cocktail and sauce?
- Making shrimp cocktail is actually very simple. As long as you follow the directions and don’t overcook the shrimp, you should have an amazing appetizer.
- For ease, you can buy the Wasabi Paste that comes in a tube at most grocery stores or you can also purchase on Amazon.
What kind of shrimp should I use to make keto shrimp cocktail?
I prefer using large frozen pre-peeled shrimp about 21/25 shrimp count per 1 pound. If you’re not familiar, it’s usually listed on the front of the bags.
Shrimp lover? Check out these other amazing shrimp recipes!
- Cajun Shrimp Boil – Boiling Crab Copycat
- Keto Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Old Bay Pan Fried Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp Cakes with Garlic Aioli
- Ebi Fry – Japanese Fried Shrimp
- Dynamite Mayo Shrimp
Now, let’s get making some Keto Shrimp Cocktail with our LCA Asian twist on it!
- Prep Time 5M
- Cook Time 1M
- Total Time 6M
- Net Carb/Serving ~1g
- Servings 4
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Prepare a bowl of cold water as shown below. Note – if you prefer really cold shrimp cocktail, feel free to add in ice.
3) Add 5 cups water to a stove top pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn off the heat and add in shrimp. Mix the shrimp around, cook for 60-90 seconds until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
4) Transfer cooked shrimp into the bowl with cold water, let it rest for 1 minute and then transfer to a serving vessel of choice.
6) In the same mixing bowl, mix in Sugar-Free Ketchup, Wasabi Paste, lemon juice, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, Worcestershire Sauce, Sriracha. Transfer sauce into a serving bowl and serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Shrimp Cocktail!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Shrimp Cocktail
- 1 lbs Peeled Shrimp
- 5 Cups Water
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 tsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 1/4 tsp Wasabi Paste can sub with horseradish
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Prepare a bowl of cold water as shown below. Note - if you prefer really cold shrimp cocktail, feel free to add in ice.
- Add 5 cups water to a stove top pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, turn off the heat and add in shrimp. Mix the shrimp around, cook for 60-90 seconds until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Transfer cooked shrimp into the bowl with cold water, let it rest for 1 minute and then transfer to a serving vessel of choice.
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press and add it into a mixing bowl.
- In the same mixing bowl, mix in Sugar-Free Ketchup, Wasabi Paste, lemon juice, Monkfruit Erythritol Blend, Worcestershire Sauce, Sriracha. Transfer sauce into a serving bowl and serve with chilled cooked shrimp.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*