Japanese Baked Salmon Belly is packed with flavor and full of healthy, good for you omega fats! This easy recipe will show you how to make the best salmon belly on the planet!
If you haven’t tried salmon belly, you are in for a treat. This particular cut of the salmon is so flavorful and melts in your mouth, it’s no wonder it’s one of our most popular recipes here.
It makes for a healthy and tasty side dish to serve along some green salad, steamed veggies or rice of choice!
What’s Japanese Baked Salmon Belly?
Strips of salmon belly are baked to perfection then finished with a drizzle of a Japanese style soy yuzu sauce and a sprinkle of fresh green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Where can I get salmon belly for this recipe?
You usually can get it at a Japanese or Asian supermarket. You also might be able to request some from your local supermarket’s fish department.
Just have them clean it and cut it into vertical strips (longways).
How long do you bake the salmon belly for?
The perfect time and temp is 425F for 7-8 minutes in the center of the oven. Make sure the salmon bellies are not touching one another during the baking process.
Looking for other salmon recipes? By sure to check these out!
- Japanese Style Seared Salmon
- Sesame Ginger Salmon Carpaccio
- Salmon Poke
- Salmon Bacon Chowder
- Salmon Risotto
Now, let’s get started making this Japanese Baked Salmon Belly recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cook Time 8M
- Total Time 13M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
3) Cover toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray cooking oil or use a silicone baking mat. Place salmon belly on the tray and cook at 425F for 7-8 minutes.
5) Finely slice green onions and set aside.
6) Once salmon bellies are cooked, take out and plate. Sprinkle chopped green onions, Toasted Sesame Seeds and drizzle sauce on top.
Hope you enjoy your Japanese Baked Salmon Belly!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Baked Salmon Belly
- 1/4 lbs Salmon Belly about 3-5 strips
- 1/8 tsp Cooking Spray Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Yuzu can substitute with lemon juice
- 1/16 tsp Sesame Oil literally just a drop
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onion
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
- Cover toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray cooking oil. Place salmon belly on the tray and cook at 425F for 7-8 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Soy Sauce, Yuzu, Sesame Oil and set aside. Note - for the Sesame Oil, it's literally just a drop.
- Finely slice green onions and set aside.
- Once salmon bellies are cooked, take out and plate. Sprinkle chopped green onions, Toasted Sesame Seeds and drizzle on sauce.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*