While that’s all well and good, we prefer something with a little more flavor to it. So what better source than having one that packs proteins, omega 3s, and tastes delicious!
That source would be salmon belly! If you are familiar with sushi, then you may have heard of ‘toro’. Well, this is the ‘toro’ of the salmon (toro is just belly meat).
Salmon belly by itself does taste pretty plain, but don’t worry! We have a simple recipe right here that will bring out the best in this cut of fish.
This recipe is low-carb/keto approved with 0g of carbs, so make as many as you would like! This dish offers a melting of salmon oils balanced by the flavors yuzu soy sauce.
You will need Yuzu and salmon belly for this recipe. The salmon belly you usually can pick up at a Japanese or other Asian supermarkets. You also might be able to request some from the fish department at a local market if they fillet their own fish.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cook Time 8M
Total Time 13M
Net Carb/Serv ~0g
1) Gather all the ingredients (forgot to picture the sesame oil).
2) Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
3) Cover toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray cooking oil. Place salmon belly on the tray and cook at 425F for 7-8 minutes.
5) Finely slice green onions. Set aside.
Soy Yuzu Salmon Belly
- 2 Pieces Salmon Belly
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Yuzu Juice
- 1 Drop Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onion
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
- Cover toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray cooking oil. Place salmon belly on the tray and cook at 425F for 7-8 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add soy sauce, yuzu and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Finely slice green onions. Set aside.
- Once 7-8 minutes have passed for the salmon bellies, take out and plate. Sprinkle green onions, toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of soy sauce and yuzu w/spoon.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*