While that’s all well and good, we prefer something with a little more flavor to it! So what’s better than having one that packs proteins, omega 3s, and also tastes delicious!?
That source would be salmon belly in our Japanese Baked Salmon Belly recipe!
If you’re familiar with sushi, then you may have heard of ‘toro’. Well, this is the ‘toro’ of the salmon (toro is just belly meat).
Salmon belly by itself does taste pretty plain, but don’t worry! We have a simple recipe right here that will bring out the best flavors from the salmon belly and all of its omegas!
This recipe is very low-carb/keto friendly with ~1g of carbs, so you can enjoy it guilt free!
To make this dish, you’ll need to pick up some yuzu which is available on Amazon or a local Asian Supermarket. Salmon belly is usually available at a Japanese or Asian supermarket. You also might be able to request some from your local supermarket’s fish department.
Now, let’s get started!Prepping Time 5M
Cook Time 8M
Total Time 13M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
5) Finely slice green onions and set aside.
6) Once salmon bellies are cooked, take out and plate. Sprinkle chopped green onions, Toasted Sesame Seeds and drizzle sauce on top.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Japanese Baked Salmon Belly!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Japanese Baked Salmon Belly
- 3-5 Pieces Salmon Belly
- 1/8 tsp Cooking Spray Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Yuzu can substitute with lemon juice
- 1/16 tsp Sesame Oil literally just a drop
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onion
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and lightly sprinkle salt on the salmon bellies.
- Cover toaster oven tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray cooking oil. Place salmon belly on the tray and cook at 425F for 7-8 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Soy Sauce, Yuzu, Sesame Oil and set aside. Note - for the Sesame Oil, it's literally just a drop.
- Finely slice green onions and set aside.
- Once salmon bellies are cooked, take out and plate. Sprinkle chopped green onions, Toasted Sesame Seeds and drizzle on sauce.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*