Carbonation gets a bad wrap since, in my opinion, the texture is linked to sodas in the minds of many. However, carbonation itself isn’t anything bad (unless you have alkaline issues).
So in our family, we really enjoy experimenting with carbonation and seeing what kind of bubbly drinks we can create! This recipe was a product from such an experiment.
I happened to have a glass of carbonated mineral water while I was cooking and thought “I wonder how Yuzu would taste in here”. So I dropped a couple of drops in there was pleasantly surprised refreshing combination of the bubbles and Yuzu’s taste profile!
The drink is 100% low-carb/keto ready. You can have as many glasses as you want to keep you hydrated and refreshed during those hot summer seasons, so enjoy this crisp refreshing drink that expresses hints of grapefruit mixed with a subtlety of lemon sweetness and bubbles delivering a balanced finish.
For all of our carbonated drinks, we use a SodaStream. If you like carbonation, we definitely recommend it. We used to just buy sparkling mineral water from Trader Joe’s & Costco, but after doing the math, we concluded that we could save a lot of money investing in a SodaStream.
They are super easy to use (will provide step-by-step instructions below) and best of all, you can carbonate whatever you like: water, mineral water, spring water, smart water, etc! You will also need Yuzu.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 3M
Total Time 3M
Net Carb/Serv 0.2g
- Carbonated Water (we make it from a SodaStream)
- Cold bottle of Water
- 5 Drops of Yuzu
- Wedge of Lemon
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pour COLD water of choice into Sodastream bottle (otherwise, your carbonated drink will be warm).
4) Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you.
5) Pour your SodaStream carbonated water into a glass.
6) Add 5 drops of Yuzufrom the bottle.
7) Use a lemon press to squeeze juice from fresh lemon wedge.
8) Garnish with lemon and enjoy!
Sparkling Yuzu Lemon
- 12 oz Carbonated Water
- 5 Drops Yuzu Juice
- 1 Wedge Lemon
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour COLD water of choice into Sodastream bottle (otherwise, your carbonated drink will be warm).
- Place SodaStream bottle into the mouth of the SodaStream device and push in to lock it into place.
- Press down on SodaStream device to add carbonation. The one we have has 3 lights with each light representing the amount of carbonation being added. I prefer 1 light, but the choice is up to you.
- Pour your SodaStream carbonated water into a glass.
- Add 2 drops of yuzu from the bottle.
- Use a lemon press to squeeze juice from fresh lemon wedge.
- Garnish with lemon and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*