Keto sugar free homemade strawberry powder made from fresh strawberries is a great low carb way to add natural strawberry flavor to smoothies, desserts and beverages! Try adding it to your favorite keto low carb pancake batter or homemade whipped cream, the possibilities are endless!
Strawberry powder is one of those things I have been wanting to try making since I started eating low carb 6 years ago.
I always thought, how great would it be if they just sold strawberry powder like they sold cocoa powder with no additives or sugars?
I could make endless amounts of delicious strawberry flavored recipes all with a simple sprinkle of keto strawberry powder!
Well with no time like the present, I decided to my hand at it!
Although the ingredients that go into this keto strawberry powder are very simple, the recipe was actually really difficult to perfect!
I had to make multiple batches testing different baking methods and temperatures, and also experimented quite a bit with different blending methods!
In the end, I came up with a strawberry powder recipe that I am extremely pleased with and hope to find many uses for it!
What is strawberry powder?
Strawberry powder is made from strawberries that have been dehydrated in the oven. Then blended into a fine powder.
What can I do with strawberry powder and what recipes can I make?
Add strawberry powder to smoothies or on top of your favorite low carb yogurt or ice cream.
You can also add it to your preferred pancake batter to make strawberry pancakes or waffles. Other ideas include adding strawberry powder to desserts or beverages such as cheesecake or teas.
How do you turn dehydrated strawberries into powder?
The trick to making very fine powder is to make sure your strawberries are fully dried and to use a high powered blender. I used a Vitamix and got great results from it.
Should I use regular or convection baking to dehydrate strawberries?
We have found that using convection baking is key to ensure proper drying of the strawberries. Also, cooking times may vary slightly with different ovens.
Can I use store bought dehydrated strawberries instead of fresh strawberries?
Yes! If you want to skip the step of dehydrating your own strawberries, just buy ready-made dehydrated strawberries at your local grocery store and then follow directions for blending. The color and taste will be different, but still good!
Why do you add monkfruit to the strawberry powder?
We found that naturally dehydrated strawberries tend to be very sour so adding monkfruit makes them more palatable and versatile for use in recipes.
Now, let’s get making some keto strawberry powder perfect for your next keto dessert topping!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Baking Time 3H
- Total Time 3H1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 10 tbsp
- 2 Cups Strawberry
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 200F convection baking.
3) De-stem and slice strawberries as shown below.
4) Place sliced strawberries on a baking rack and transfer to oven. Bake for 3 hour or until dehydrated and brittle. Note – do not use an oven pan as it will interfere with the convection baking process.
5) Place all the dehydrated strawberries into a high powered blender, add Monkfruit and blend until powder is formed (takes about ~15 seconds). Store in the freeze in an airtight container until ready for use.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb Keto Strawberry Powder!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Strawberry Powder
- 2 Cups Strawberry
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 200F convection baking.
- De-stem and slice strawberries as shown below.
- Place sliced strawberries on a baking rack and transfer to oven. Bake for 3 hour or until dehydrated and brittle. Note - do not use an oven pan as it will interfere with the convection baking process.
- Place all the dehydrated strawberries into a high powered blender, add Monkfruit and blend until powder is formed. Store in the freeze in an airtight container until ready for use.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*