Homemade baking strawberry powder made from fresh strawberries is an incredibly versatile pantry staple. From strawberry smoothies, desserts and beverages, the possibilities are endless. Sugar-free, low carb and healthy!
Try adding it to your favorite low carb pancake batter, homemade whipped cream, or your favorite baked dessert as the possibilities are endless!
What is strawberry powder?
Strawberry powder is made from strawberries that have been dehydrated in the oven, then blended into a fine powder. Strawberry powder gives foods a fresh strawberry flavor and a natural taste. Best of all, it’s preservative free, dairy-free, low carb and vegan friendly.
Since strawberry powder retains all the nutrients of strawberries, it is packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and calcium.
Strawberry powder is also a good source of dietary fiber which supports digestive health and blood sugar control.
What are the ingredients I need and what are the instructions to make strawberry powder?
- Sweetener of choice
We have found that using convection baking is key to ensuring proper drying of the strawberries. Also, cooking times may vary slightly with different ovens.
The trick to making very fine powder is to make sure your strawberries are fully dried and to use a high powered blender. I used a Vitamix and got great results from it.
Store in a cool dry place. Best if stored in the freezer.
Can I use store bought dehydrated/freeze dried strawberries instead of fresh strawberries?
Yes! If you want to skip the step of dehydrating your own strawberries, just buy ready-made dehydrated strawberries or freeze dried strawberries at your local grocery store and follow directions for blending.
What is the nutrition information for this strawberry powder recipe?
- 10 Calories
- 2g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 1g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 1mg Sodium
- 44mg Potassium
- 5mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 3ui Vitamin A
- 17mg Vitamin C
What can I do with strawberry powder and what recipes can I make?
Add strawberry powder to smoothies, on top of your favorite yogurt or ice cream. Some other ideas include:
- Pancake or Waffle Batter
- Matcha drinks
- As Garnish for a Bright Berry Color
- Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle
- Cream Cheese Mini Chaffle Waffles
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Strawberry Milk Ice Cream
- Strawberry Iced Green Tea
Now, let’s get making this Baking Strawberry Powder recipe!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Baking Time 3H
- Total Time 3H1M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 10 tbsp
- 2 Cups Strawberry
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend (or sweetener of choice)
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 200F convection baking.
3) De-stem and slice strawberries as shown below.
4) Place sliced strawberries on a baking rack and transfer to oven. Bake for 3 hour or until dehydrated and brittle. Note – do not use an oven pan as it will interfere with the convection baking process.
5) Place all the dehydrated strawberries into a high powered blender, add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and blend until powder is formed (takes about ~15 seconds). Store in the freeze in an airtight container until ready for use.
Hope you enjoy your Baking Strawberry Powder!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Baking Strawberry Powder
- 2 Cups Strawberry
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 200F convection baking.
- De-stem and slice strawberries as shown below.
- Place sliced strawberries on a baking rack and transfer to oven. Bake for 3 hour or until dehydrated and brittle. Note - do not use an oven pan as it will interfere with the convection baking process.
- Place all the dehydrated strawberries into a high powered blender, add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and blend until powder is formed. Store in the freeze in an airtight container until ready for use.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*