This simple and easy sugar free strawberry sauce is so versatile and goes great with just about anything including pancakes, crepes, and cheeecakes. Best of all, it’s low carb and keto friendly!
What is Keto Strawberry Sauce?
Strawberries are simmered with water and sweetener until a syrupy sauce forms then it is pulsed in the food processor until smooth.
Are strawberries keto and low carb friendly?
Strawberries are indeed a very low carb fruit. 1 cup of strawberries equals about 9 g of net carbs.
This strawberry sauce recipe comes out to 1 g of net carb per tbsp making it a perfect low carb and keto friendly sauce.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make strawberry sauce?
- Strawberries – de-stemed and chopped loosely.
- Sweetener – we prefer using a monkfruit and erythritol blend. It’s a keto and low carb sweetener with 0 g of carbs.
What can I use this strawberry sauce on?
I am not kidding when I say this strawberry sauce goes great on everything! Below are some low carb and keto friendly options:
- Pancakes – Cream Cheese Pancakes, Japanese Pancakes, Strawberry Pancakes, Matcha Pancakes.
- Crepes – Keto Crepes.
- Waffles – Cream Cheese Chaffles, Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles.
- Desserts – Chia Pudding, Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies, Fluffy Cheesecake, Basque Burnt Cheesecake, Mini Tofu Cheesecake.
- Drinks – Strawberry Matcha Latte, Strawberry Iced Green Tea, Strawberry Cream Soda.
What are the nutritional facts for this strawberry sauce?
- 10 Calories
- 1g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 1g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 1mg Sodium
- 18mg Potassium
- 2mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 1ui Vitamin A
- 7mg Vitamin C
Looking for other low carb and sugar-free fruit sauces?
- Blackberry Sauce
- Peach Sauce
- Blueberry Sauce
- Nutella Hazelnut Chocolate
- Fresh Strawberry Whipped Cream Cheese
Now, let’s get making this Keto Strawberry Sauce recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooking Time 10M
- Total Time 15M
- Net Carb/Tbsp ~1g
- Servings 24 TBSP
- 2 Cup Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sweetener (Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tbsp Water
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) De-stem strawberries and chop loosely.
3) In a small saucepan, add strawberries, sweetener, and 2 tbsp of water.
4) Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 10 minutes.
5) Once done, pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside to cool. Tip- Freeze in ice cube trays and keep in ziplock for easy single portion use. It will also hold in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Strawberry Sauce!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Strawberry Sauce
- 2 Cup Strawberries
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- De-stem strawberries and chop loosely.
- In a small saucepan, add strawberries, sweetener, and 2 tbsp of water.
- Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 10 minutes.
- Once done, pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside to cool.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*