Strawberry shortcake chaffles are what chaffle dessert dreams are made of! These delicious low carb strawberry chaffles are just the thing to cure your sweet tooth and taste just like the real thing!
These keto strawberry shortcake chaffles are light, fluffy and moist with a hint of strawberry flavor.
They’re quick and easy to make and can be eaten for breakfast or dessert. Best of all they are low carb and keto friendly! Makes for the best strawberry keto dessert ever!
What is Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles?
A keto strawberry shortcake chaffle is a waffle made from keto friendly ingredients, which means no wheat flour and no sugar. Instead, it contains coconut flour, cream cheese, monkfruit base that’s sandwiched between strawberries and whipped cream.
These keto strawberry shortcake chaffles are light, fluffy and moist as well as sugar-free, and gluten-free.
Some sweet chaffles are made with almond flour however, this recipe uses coconut flour which we have found to create a lighter and fluffier texture.
What do strawberry shortcake chaffles taste like?
This keto strawberry shortcake recipe is sweet, fresh with real strawberries, and has a cake-like texture.
Are strawberries keto-friendly?
Strawberries are low in carbs at about 9g of net carbs per cup and high in fiber making them very keto-friendly in moderation.
Can I have whipped cream on keto?
You can use sugar-free whipped cream, or make your own using keto friendly sweeteners.
What ingredients do I need to make this low carb strawberry shortcake chaffles?
- Coconut Flour – a low carb flour alternative made from dried, ground coconut.
- Sweetener – to keep this recipe sugar-free, we use a monkfruit erythritol blend. It is low carb, keto friendly and has 0 calories. Feel free to use your preferred sweetener or regular cane sugar.
- Baking Powder – helps the chaffles rise giving it a much fluffier texture.
- Strawberry Powder – this is homemade and you can find the recipe here. Can also substitute with strawberry syrup or omit it altogether.
- Egg – this is the binder and the liquid for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese – use block cream cheese.
- Vanilla Extract – vanilla extract from vanilla bean pods.
- Strawberry – fresh strawberries, washed and sliced.
- Whip Cream – use sugar-free whipped cream, or regular whipped cream, or make your own using your preferred sweetener.
How do you make keto strawberry shortcake chaffles?
Use an electric mixer to combine ingredients and cook chaffles on a waffle iron. Then create layers by alternating chaffle, strawberries, whipped cream and repeat.
How do you store strawberry chaffles?
Strawberry chaffles can be frozen in an air-tight bag and re-heated when ready to enjoy.
What is the nutrition information for this strawberry chaffle recipe?
- 232 Calories
- 10g Carbohydrates
- 4g Fiber
- 10g Protein
- 17g Fat
- 202mg Cholesterol
- 276mg Sodium
- 179mg Potassium
- 127mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 684ui Vitamin A
- 24mg Vitamin C
Looking for other dessert chaffle recipes?
- Blueberry Chaffles
- Cream Cheese Chaffles
- Double Chocolate Chaffles
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Chaffles
- Lemon Cake Chaffles
Now, let’s get making this Strawberry Shortcake Chaffle recipe!
- Prepping Time 2M
- Cooking Time 6M
- Total Time 8M
- Net Carb/Waffle Cake ~6g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients. Note – For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take the amount needed and microwave for 10-15 sec.
2) Prepare Strawberry Powder if needed.
3) Slice strawberries into slices and set them aside.
4) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
6) Next, add egg, cream cheese, Vanilla Extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
7) Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for 2.5 – 3 minutes until browned to liking. Repeat until all the batter is used.
8) Once the chaffles are done, apply whipping cream to one of the chaffles, followed by slices of the strawberries and finishing by sandwiching the other chaffle on top. Enjoy with your favorite sugar-free syrup or just as is!
Hope you enjoy your Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Strawberry Shortcake Chaffles
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Strawberry Powder
- 1 Egg room temp
- 1 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Strawberry
- 2 tbsp Whip Cream
- Gather all the ingredients. Note – For quick room temperature eggs, submerge egg in warm water for 3-5 min. For quick room temperature cream cheese, take the amount needed and microwave for 10-15 sec.
- Prepare Strawberry Powder if needed.
- Slice strawberries into slices and set them aside.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, add Coconut Flour, sweetener, Baking Powder, Strawberry Powder and mix.
- Next, add egg, cream cheese, Vanilla Extract and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for 2.5 - 3 minutes until browned to liking. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Once the chaffles are done, apply whipping cream to one of the chaffles, followed by slices of the strawberries and finishing by sandwiching the other chaffle on top. Enjoy with your favorite sugar-free syrup or just as is!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*