Chili Lime Chicken Wings are a mouthwatering delight, featuring a homemade chili lime seasoning that infuses the wings with irresistible flavors. With just 10 minutes of prep time, they’re a breeze to prepare. Plus, they’re a high-protein, low-carb, gluten-free, made with wholesome ingredients and a healthier baked option, making them ideal for a satisfying light meal or appetizer.
How to make Chili Lime Chicken Wings?
- In a small skillet, combine your chosen sweetener and water to prepare simple syrup. Alternatively, honey can be used for this purpose.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, blend the simple syrup with grated garlic, salt, olive oil, cayenne pepper, lime zest, lemon juice and then toss in your chicken wings.
- Arrange these coated wings on a baking sheet or tray and broil them at 500°F for approximately 20 minutes in the center of your oven, ensuring you rotate them halfway through.
- To achieve that irresistible crispiness, elevate the rack by one position and broil for an additional 2-4 minutes per side.
- To add a final touch of freshness and color, consider garnishing with chopped green onions or cilantro.
Air Fry Method
Air fry these wings at 360°F for about 20 minutes, remembering to flip them once in between. This method guarantees a perfect crispy texture while retaining all the delicious flavors.
What ingredients do I need to make chili lime wings?
- Wings & Drumettes – chicken wings and drumettes. Can use frozen or fresh.
- Garlic – freshly grated.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Olive Oil – your preferred bottle of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- Cayenne Pepper – ground.
- Lime Zest – zest from organic lime.
- Lemon Juice – freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to store leftovers?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. These wings will maintain their flavor and quality for 5-7 days when properly stored. When you’re ready to savor them again, consider reheating in an air fryer or oven for the best texture, although the microwave can also be used, though it may not restore their crispiness as effectively.
Looking for other chicken wing recipes?
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Japanese Garlic Chicken Wings
- Garlic Miso Chicken Wings
- Japanese Salted Chicken Wings
Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat to broil 500F.
- In a small stove top pot, add sweetener and water, bring to a soft boil on medium-low heat. Should take around 1-2 minutes. Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside. This is our simple syrup.
- Grind garlic with a grinder or a garlic press and place into a mixing bowl.
- Zest lime with a grater and add to mixing bowl.
- Add cayenne pepper, salt, olive oil, lemon juice and simple syrup from step 3) and mix well.
- Add chicken into mixing bowl and toss well.
- Line oven tray with aluminum foil and spray/coat with cooking oil or use a silicone baking mat. Line chicken on a tray and make sure they aren't touching one another.
- Place the tray in the CENTER of the oven and broil chicken for 10-15 minutes or until browned skin side down. Note – if the chicken is browning too quickly, lower the tray to rack below.
- Once browned, flip chicken and broil for additional 10 minutes or until browned. If you want a crispy skin, move the rack 6-8″ away from heating element and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*