I love drinks! All kinds of drinks! I think most people would agree with me that being low-carb/keto, you’re really limited in beverage selections. The one thing I missed most about being low-carb/keto was not being able to order from the vast drink menus at cafes or restaurants. One beverage in particular was Thai Iced Tea.
The aromatic black tea mixed with the sweet creamy milk is so tasty and refreshing I could drink gallons of it! I’m sure you could imagine how happy I was when I was able to create a low-carb/keto version so I can drink it to my heart’s content!
So happy in fact that I couldn’t wait to write this recipe and share it with the rest of you here on LCA! It’ll take you less than 5 minutes to make and tastes just like the real deal!
Just be careful when searching for Thai tea. You will find a lot of Thai tea “mixes” that are pre-mixed with sugar and powdered milk and all you do is add water. That’s not what you want. What you want is Thai tea bags that you brew yourself and we’ll add all the other ingredients in ourselves!
I was only able to find it on Amazon but I have heard that some Wal-Mart’s may carry it as well.
So if you’re ready, let’s get started!Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a tall glass, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
3) Add Sweetener of choice and stir to dissolve.
4) Fill glass with ice to the top.
5) Add Half and Half, stir to combine and it is ready to drink. Note – Add more or less sweetener and half and half to your liking.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Thai Ice Tea!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Thai Iced Tea
- 1 Thai Tea Bag not the premixed version
- 1 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 1 Cup Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a tall glass, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- Add Sweetener of choice and stir to dissolve.
- Fill glass with ice to the top.
- Add Half and Half, stir to combine and it is ready to drink. Note - Add more or less sweetener and half and half to your liking.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*