A cool and refreshing Keto Thai Iced Tea recipe that tastes just as good as the restaurant without all the carbs. Discover how easy it is to make this delicious sugar free keto Thai tea recipe right in your own kitchen!
The one thing I missed most when I started a keto diet was Thai iced tea. There’s really nothing like it and the unique flavor of this refreshing drink is irreplaceable.
I know I can’t be the only one to feel this way which is why I am so excited to share with you this keto friendly, sugar free, Thai iced tea recipe that you can make right in your own home whenever your heart desires.
What is Keto Thai Iced Tea?
Strongly brewed spiced black tea is mixed with half and half and sweetener to create a bright and unique refreshing drink made popular in Thailand.
It is traditionally sweetened with condensed milk which we replaced with a monkfruit/erythritol blend sweetener. Same taste, sugar-free, low carbs!
What kind of tea should I use to make keto Thai iced tea?
I have found that Thai tea bags and loose leaf both work great. Just make sure you are getting just the plain tea and not the pre-mixed Thai tea powder that already includes sugar.
Can I pre make keto Thai iced tea in a large batch?
You can absolutely triple or quadruple this recipe and keep it in the refrigerator to enjoy it all week long.
Tips for making this keto Thai Iced tea recipe?
- Make sure you get either the Thai tea bags or Thai tea loose leaf that have not been pre-mixed with sugar or milk powder. Click on the pictures below for reference.
- If you prefer, you can also use heavy cream to cut even more carbs.
- Aim for a strong brew, at least 5 minutes to ensure a deep tea flavor.
- If using loose leaf tea, use a bottom tea dispenser for hassle free clean up.
For more Asian style keto drink recipes, check these out!
- Iced Matcha Latte
- Homemade Milk Tea
- Keto Vietnamese Egg Coffee
- Keto Golden Milk
- Cream Cheese Foam Green Tea
Now, let’s get making this Keto Thai Iced Tea recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a tall glass, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
3) Add Sweetener of choice and stir to dissolve.
4) Fill glass with ice to the top.
5) Add Half and Half, stir to combine and it is ready to drink. Note – Add more or less sweetener and half and half to your liking.
Hope you enjoy your Keto Thai Iced Tea!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Thai Iced Tea
- 1 Thai Tea Bag not the premixed version
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 1 Cup Ice
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a tall glass, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- Add Sweetener of choice and stir to dissolve.
- Fill glass with ice to the top.
- Add Half and Half, stir to combine and it is ready to drink. Note - Add more or less sweetener and half and half to your liking.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*