Highball whiskey isn’t anything new, in fact, it’s been around long before I was born. But actually, I hardly ever see whiskey being served this way over here in the States.
I see vodka soda quite a bite, but never a Highball Whiskey Soda.
I only found out about it because it became quite a fad drink over in Japan. The last time I was there back in 2011, I remember being at a business dinner and everybody was ordering one.
So of course being, super open-minded to all kinds of alcoholic drinks, I ordered one for the sake of enlightenment! It was nice, crisp and so refreshing it soon became my ‘everyday’ drink to unwind to!
Highball whiskey is just whiskey split with carbonated water, also known as a whiskey soda. The aspect I like about this style is the effervescence effect and how it creates a new character to the drink.
And best of all, since whiskey is distilled, it has 0 carbs! Just make sure to enjoy responsibly!
As I often state, I’m a big fan of whiskey glasses. I really enjoy getting all the notes out of anything I drink and to get that, you’ll need the proper glassware. The correct glassware really does make a huge difference to anything you drink!
Now, let’s enjoy some Highball Whiskey Soda!
- Prepping Time 1M
- Total Time 1M
- Net Carb/Serv 0g
- Servings 1
- 2oz Bottle of Favorite Whiskey
- 1oz Carbonated Water
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Pour 2oz of whiskey into a whiskey glass.
3) Pour your carbonated water into whiskey glass. Parts are personal preference, but I usually do around a 2 parts whiskey to 1 part carbonated water. Serve with a snack of choice!
Hope you enjoy your Highball Whiskey Soda!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Highball Whiskey Soda
- 2 oz Bottle of Favorite Whiskey
- 1 oz Carbonated Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Pour 2 oz of whiskey into a whiskey glass.
- Pour your carbonated water into whiskey glass. Parts are personal preference, but I usually do around a 2 parts whiskey to 1 part carbonated water. Serve with a snack of choice!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*