Kielbasa Sausage Stir Fry is a versatile and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a flavorful side dish. Packed with protein from the kielbasa sausage and a colorful assortment of vegetables, this dish provides a well-rounded combination of nutrients.
Plus, it’s gluten-free, making it suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions or those looking for gluten-free alternatives. With its easy preparation and wholesome ingredients, this recipe is a fantastic addition to your collection of healthy and flavorful meals.
How to make Kielbasa Sausage Stir Fry?
- Start chopping sausage and slicing garlic, bell peppers, and onions.
- In a large skillet or wok, add cooking oil. Add in sausage and cook on medium-high heat until tender-crisp seared and transfer to a holding plate.
- In the same frying pan, add a little more oil and bring up to temp. Add in garlic and cook until fragment, then add in the other vegetables and season with salt and black pepper. Cook on high until veggies are softened.
- Add back in the seared sausage, toss and season with optional cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
What ingredients do I need to make stir-fried sausage?
- Kielbasa Sausage – can also use other firm texture sausages like arabiki, bratwurst, chicken sausage and hot links.
- Neutral Oil – no taste or flavor with high cooking temperature. Some choices are sunflower oil, peanut oil, sallower oil, vegetable oil, and canola oil.
- Bell Pepper – fresh sliced bell peppers.
- Onion – yellow or brown onion.
- Garlic – fresh and sliced.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Black Pepper – ground.
- Cayenne Pepper – ground Cayenne Pepper.
What Sausages to Use
- Japanese Arabiki Sausage
- Chicken Sausages
- Hot Links
These options are great choices for achieving a delicious seared texture in stir fry.
What to do with leftovers?
Simply store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Warm back up in the microwave.
Looking for other stir-fry recipes?
- Japanese Style Pork Stir Fry
- Garlic Kale Stir Fry
- Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Stir Fry Noodles Yakisoba
- Bok Choy Stir Fry
Kielbasa Sausage Stir Fry
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut kielbasa sausage into bite-size pieces, and slice bell peppers, onions and garlic.
- In a large skillet or wok, add 1/2 tbsp cooking oil and bring up to temp under medium-high heat. Add in chopped sausage and cook until outside is seared, 2-3 minutes and transfer to a holding bowl.
- In the same frying pan or wok, add 1/2 tbsp cooking oil and bring up to temp under high heat. Add in sliced garlic until fragment, around 30 seconds then add in sliced bell peppers and onions. Lightly sprinkle with salt and a little heavier on the black pepper. Cook until soft and desired tenderness is reached, around 2-4 minutes.
- Add back cooked sausage, sprinkle optional red cayenne pepper and stir fry until all mixed combined. Transfer to a serving plate.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*