When I was a kid, our family would always go out to eat Korean BBQ on Fridays. My parents went for the meat of course, but my sister and I went for the Garlic Sesame Spinach Salad! Since they only served 1 dish per table, we used to get in fights about it, so eventually the nice waitresses there started bringing us one each!
And although I don’t have much experience cooking Korean foods, this Korean Inspired Garlic Sesame Spinach Salad is one dish I did learn how to cook since it was my favorite growing up!
It’s very simple to make, absolutely delicious, and uses plenty of healthy spinach.
And as we’ve all learned from Popeye, spinach is a super vegetable that’s loaded with high concentrations of minerals and vitamins as well as chlorophyll which is thought to help block the effects of carcinogens to your body! It’s actually considered one of the superfoods which is a distinguishment given to foods that are packed with nutritional benefits.
To make this dish is, again, very easy and only requires 5 ingredients! That’s right! We start by simply boiling the spinach in water. And believe it or not, this might be the hardest part because you don’t want to overcook the spinach where it loses its structure.
Next, we need to wring out any water from the spinach and from there, we simply combine and mix all the seasoning used in the salad like Sesame Oil, garlic, and salt! That’s all to it! Easy breezy!
So we highly recommend trying this one next time you are looking for your vegetable fill!
Now, let’s get started!Prepping Time 3M
Cook Time 5M
Total Time 8M
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a large stove top pan, add enough water to boil the spinach. Bring water to boil.
3) In the meantime, prepare and wash spinach as needed.
5) Once water is boiling from step 2), add spinach leaves and boil for 75 seconds (or until spinach are cooked). Once 75 seconds has passed, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
6) Squeeze out any excess water from the spinach, cut the spinach into 1/2 inch length, loosen the spinach and transfer into a mixing bowl.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Korean Inspired Garlic Sesame Spinach Salad!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Korean Inspired Garlic Sesame Spinach Salad
- 4-5 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Seed
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a large stove top pan, add enough water to boil the spinach. Bring water to boil.
- In the meantime, prepare and wash spinach as needed.
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press and set aside.
- Once water is boiling from step 2), add spinach leaves and boil for 75 seconds (or until spinach are cooked). Once 75 seconds has passed, rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Squeeze out any excess water from the spinach, cut the spinach into 1/2 inch length, loosen the spinach and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Combine sesame oil, salt, garlic and sesame seeds into mixing bowl and toss well. Salt to taste and keep stored in fridge until ready to serve.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*