We really love our fruits, but being mindful of our carb counts, we’re selective on which ones we consume. Since berries are pretty low carb and keto friendly, we always have a variety stockpiled in our fridge and that’s why this easy Low Carb Blueberry Sauce came about!
It just happened that this time we stockpiled too many blueberries and they began to lose their firm texture.
Knowing though they were still perfectly safe to eat, we came up with this very simple recipe to turn the blueberries into this Low Carb Blueberry Sauce!
And if you didn’t know, blueberries are actually one of the super fruits in the fruit kingdom! They are relatively low in carbs but packed with antioxidants, full of vitamin C and K, and help protects your cells from harmful oxidation damage, which leads to cancer among other cell diseases.
So don’t free guilty about enjoying some more blueberries with this low carb blueberry sauce that’ fast, easy, and will preserve all of your over-ripped blueberries!
Combine this with our Strawberry Sauce and you now are equipped with 2 low carb fruit jam/sauces that goes well with LCA’s Crepes, Pancakes, Fluffy Cheesecake, Cookies, Lattes – the combinations are endless!
This blueberry jam recipe would fall under low carb rather then keto, but still considerably less then your traditional blueberry jam.
Each tbsp would contain ~ 2.5g compared to ~8g net carbs of your traditional version.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 2M
Cooking Time 10-12M
Total Time 12-14M
Net Carb/tbsp ~2.5g
Servings 1/2 Cup
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often and crushing blueberries with a soft spatula until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 10-12 minutes. Set aside cool down.
4) Once cooled, pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside to cool. Tip- Freeze in ice cube trays and keep in ziplock for easy single portion use. It will also hold in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your Low Carb Blueberry Sauce!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Low Carb Blueberry Sauce
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 3 1/2 tbsp Water
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, add blueberries, Swerve/Monkfruit, and 3 1/2 tbsp of water.
- Cook on medium heat until boiling, then turn down to low, stirring often and crushing blueberries with a soft spatula until a nice syrupy sauce forms. Roughly 10-12 minutes. Set aside to cool down.
- Once cooled, pulse in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside to cool. Tip- Freeze in ice cube trays and keep in ziplock for easy single portion use. It will also hold in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*