Garlic Butter Enoki Mushrooms are a delightful side dish featuring enoki mushrooms grilled to perfection in a foil pack, enhanced with a savory blend of seasoning, butter, and garlic. These mushrooms have a tender yet firm texture, reminiscent of al dente, and they are not only easy to prepare but also a healthy and flavorful addition to your grilled meal lineup.
How to make Garlic Butter Enoki Mushrooms?
- Start by preparing the mushrooms. Remove the roots and give them a good wash.
- Next, take a sheet of aluminum foil and create a packet. Place the enoki mushrooms inside and sprinkle them with diced garlic, a touch of salt, a dash of black pepper, Japanese sake, and a generous amount of butter.
- Seal the foil packet, allowing a little room for air to escape, and place it on the grill set to 350°F. Grill these flavorful mushrooms under indirect heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once done, transfer them to a serving plate, and don’t forget to add a final touch of freshness with some chopped green onions.
What ingredients do I need to make garlic butter grilled enoki mushrooms?
- Enoki Mushroom – 1 pack of enoki mushrooms found at Asian grocery stores and selective supermarkets.
- Butter – unsalted or salted.
- Garlic – freshly diced garlic.
- Salt – sea salt preferred.
- Black Pepper – ground.
- Japanese Sake – typically will come in a large bottle labeled junmai sake. Can also substitute with dry sherry wine or Chinese cooking wine.
- Green Onion – freshly chopped green onions scallions.
How to Prepare Enoki Mushrooms
Start by leaving them in their plastic package. Use a knife to trim about 1 inch from the bottom to remove the roots and any dirt. Then, take the top half of the mushrooms, break them apart with your hands, and wash them thoroughly, discarding the bottom half.
How to store leftovers?
To store leftover garlic butter grilled enoki mushrooms, simply place them in an airtight container and refrigerate. They will stay fresh for 3-5 days. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, warm them up in the microwave for a quick and delicious treat.
Looking for other mushroom recipes?
- Bacon Wrapped Enoki Mushroom Yakitori
- Butter Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms with Butter Ponzu
- Baked Miso Portobello Mushrooms
- Bacon Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Garlic Butter Enoki Mushrooms
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If you are baking, preheat oven to 350If you are grilling, preheat grill to 350F.
- Using the sheet of aluminum foil, make a pouch that measures around 10"x12". Place butter inside of aluminum pouch and set aside.
- Cut off about 1 inch from the bottom of the Enoki mushroom and discard (this will get rid of the dirt). Wash Enoki mushroom thoroughly with water while trying to break apart the mushrooms as much as possible. Squeeze out any excess water with your hands and transfer the Enoki mushroom into the aluminum pouch on top of the butter.
- Finely dice garlic cloves and place on top of Enoki mushroom, along with salt, black pepper and Japanese sake.
- Close foil pouch while leaving about 7/8 gap open on top.
- Finely chop green onions and set aside.
- For grilling, place foil pouch on indirect fire (back of grill and cook for 10 minutes with lid closed, maintaining a temperature of about 350. Occasional stir the mushroom around to help mix in sauce and close back up. Once 10 minutes has passed, transfer to a serving plate, top with chopped green onions and enjoy hot! For baking, place foil pouch in the center of the oven and cook for 15 minutes. About halfway through at the 7 minute mark, stir the mushroom around to help mix in sauce and close back up. Once 15 minutes has passed, transfer to a serving plate, top with chopped green onions and enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*