Zucchini boats are nothing new in the low-carb/keto world and I’ve tried my hand at many delicious recipes and mix-ins on the web!
However, I’ve yet to find an Asian inspired zucchini boat recipe, so I thought I’d set out to try creating one. Quite often, we use Miso as a marinade for fish so I knew miso fish go very well together, it was just a question if the zucchini would work with it!
So I went ahead and slapped all the necessary ingredients together, tossed it in the toaster over and out came these Low Carb Miso Tuna Zucchini Boat!
These little zucchini boats are a little creamy, a little umami and a whole boatload of low-carb/keto! Each one comes in at ~5g net carbs but keep in mind the majority of the carbs comes from the green vegetables in the dish.
Also for the ease, I used a toaster oven to bake these zucchini boats but you can use a regular oven as well. Just remember to preheat if using a regular oven to save you some time.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cook Time 15M
Total Time 20M
Net Carb/Serving ~5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) If using a regular oven preheat to 425F (not necessary if using a toaster oven).
4) Trim ends off of zucchini. Then cut zucchini in half length wise.
5) Using a spoon scoop out flesh of zucchini and reserve.
6) Loosely chop zucchini flesh, place in large skillet and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
7) In the meantime, drain canned tuna.
9) Spoon into zucchini shells and top with mild shredded cheese.
10) Bake at 425F for 8-10 min or until desired tenderness.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Miso Tuna Zucchini Boat!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Low Carb Miso Tuna Zucchini Boat
- 1 Whole Zucchini
- 5 oz Canned Tuna in Water
- 1 tsp Miso
- 1 tbsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mild Cheese
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (optional)
- Gather all the ingredients.
- If using a regular oven preheat to 425F (not necessary if using a toaster oven).
- Combine miso and Kewpie mayo in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Trim ends off of zucchini. Then cut zucchini in half length wise.
- Using a spoon scoop out flesh of zucchini and reserve.
- Loosely chop zucchini flesh, place in large skillet and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- In the meantime, drain canned tuna.
- Add tuna, miso, Kewpie mayo and dash of black pepper (optional) to large skillet and cook stirring frequently for 3 minutes.
- Spoon into zucchini shells and top with cheese.
- Bake at 425F for 8-10 min or until desired tenderness.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*