This Matcha Chia Pudding recipe is a great way to start your mornings feeling full and energized. It’s an easy and quick breakfast or snack that’s not only loaded with protein, fiber and healthy omega 3’s, but also matcha caffeine to give you that much needed morning or mid afternoon boost!
Chia seeds might just be the perfect low carb food out there! They deliver massive amounts of nutrients and antioxidants, not to mention all the dietary fiber which helps with regularity.
This no-cook matcha chia pudding that can be made the night before and ready for you the next day! A perfect easy and healthy breakfast to wake up to that’s sugar-free, gluten free, vegan, low carb and keto friendly.
What is Matcha Chia Pudding?
Chia are added to matcha mixed with a monkfruit erythritol blend sweetener and half and half.
Then it is placed in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight until pudding like consistency is attained.
If preferred, you can add a little vanilla extract for extra flavor in your matcha chia pudding.
Are chia puddings good for you?
Chia seeds are tiny black edible seeds with amazing health benefits.
Chia seeds are packed with healthy omega 3s, protein and dietary fiber, which is important for gut health and regularity. This low carb chia pudding is the perfect snack that you can easily make in no time at all.
What are the health benefits of matcha?
Matcha is finely ground powder from green tea leaves that are grown specifically in the shade which produces more theanine and caffeine.
The theanine in the tea leaves is what promotes relaxation, reduces stress and improves sleep as well as boosts concentration and alertness.
Does matcha have caffeine?
Matcha does contain caffeine however, matcha caffeine will not give you the jitters or crash that other types of caffeine will.
What ingredients do I need to make matcha chia pudding?
- Chia Seeds – edible seeds from the salvia hispanica plant. You can purchase these at many health food stores or supermarkets.
- Matcha Powder – green tea leaves that have been ground into a powder.
- Sweetener – monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar, maple syrup, or sweetener of choice.
- Half and Half – can also use heavy cream, almond milk, coconut milk, or any type of non-dairy milk.
How to make matcha chia pudding?
Add ingredients to a glass, bowl, or jar, whisk to mix well and place in fridge until gel like consistency forms.
How many carbohydrates in are in chia seeds?
Chia seeds might just be the perfect low carb food out there! Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 8g of carbs and 8g of fiber equaling a total of 0 carbs.
What is the nutrition information for this matcha chia pudding recipe?
- 162 Calories
- 11g Carbohydrates
- 8g Fiber
- 6g Protein
- 11g Fat
- 11mg Cholesterol
- 16mg Sodium
- 137mg Potassium
- 183mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 206ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Looking for other chia seed recipes?
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Thai Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- Churro Chia Seed Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
Now, let’s get making this Matcha Chia Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooling Time 3H
- Total Time 3H5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~2g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a small cup, combine warm water and Matcha Powder. Whisk until Matcha Powder is fully dissolved.
3) Add in Chia Seeds in a cup and pour matcha mix while whisking. Add sweetener and continue to stir with a whisk until Chia Seeds are mixed thoroughly.
4) Lastly add in half and half and stir.
5) Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
Hope you enjoy your Matcha Chia Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Matcha Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Half and Half
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small cup, combine warm water and Matcha Powder. Whisk until Matcha Powder is fully dissolved.
- Add in chia seeds in a cup and pour Matcha Powder mix while whisking. Add sweetener and continue to stir with a whisk until chia seeds are mixed thoroughly.
- Lastly add in half and half and stir.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*