This Matcha Chia Pudding recipe is a great way to start your mornings feeling full and energized. It’s an easy and quick breakfast or snack that’s not only loaded with protein, fiber and healthy omega 3’s, but also matcha caffeine to give you that much needed morning or mid afternoon boost!
Chia seeds might just be the perfect low carb food out there! They deliver massive amounts of nutrients and antioxidants, not to mention all the dietary fiber which helps with regularity.
Being a mom of two, mornings are always rushed and I barely have time to have my morning coffee let alone breakfast. That’s why I created this no-cook matcha chia pudding that can be made the night before and ready for you the next day!
A perfect easy and healthy breakfast to wake up to!
What is Matcha Chia Pudding?
Chia seeds are added to matcha mixed with a monkfruit erythritol blend sweetener and half and half. Then it is placed in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight until pudding like consistency is attained.
What is matcha and the related health benefits?
Matcha is finely ground powder from green tea leaves that are grown specifically in the shade which produces more theanine and caffeine. The theanine in the tea leaves is what promotes relaxation, reduces stress and improves sleep as well as boosts concentration and alertness.
What are chia seeds and their health benefits?
Chia seeds are tiny black edible seeds with amazing health benefits. Chia seeds are packed with healthy omega 3s, protein and dietary fiber, which is important for gut health and regularity.
Are chia seeds low carb ?
Chia seeds might just be the perfect low carb food out there! Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 8g of carbs and 8g of fiber equaling a total of 0 carbs.
Did you have any tips in making matcha chia pudding recipe?
- Make sure to thoroughly mix the matcha into the hot water.
- When using slightly older chia seeds, they may not thicken up as well, so use less liquid or more chia seed to compensate.
- Also if you prefer more runny chia pudding, add more liquid to your liking.
Looking for other chia pudding recipes?
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Thai Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- Churro Chia Seed Pudding
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
Now, let’s get making this Matcha Chia Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooling Time 3H
- Total Time 3H5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~2g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a small cup, combine warm water and Matcha Powder. Whisk until Matcha Powder is fully dissolved.
4) Lastly add in half and half and stir.
5) Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
Hope you enjoy your Matcha Chia Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Matcha Chia Pudding
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit Erythritol Blend or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Half and Half
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a small cup, combine warm water and Matcha Powder. Whisk until Matcha Powder is fully dissolved.
- Add in chia seeds in a cup and pour Matcha Powder mix while whisking. Add Monkfruit Erythritol Blend and continue to stir with a whisk until chia seeds are mixed thoroughly.
- Lastly add in half and half and stir.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more depending on preference.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*