When I learned about all the health benefits of gelatin, I started making all kinds of different desserts that included gelatin, from jello to creams to pie and cakes! This dessert is no different and I was inspired by my Coffee Jelly recipe, which is one of my favorite Japanese desserts, to add this Matcha Jelly into the mix!
This matcha jelly is similar in that you pour half and half over the set gelatin before serving with a dollop of whip cream.
First, a little info on gelatin and its health benefits: Gelatin is a great source of collagen which is known to improve the skin, nail and hair growth. It also reduces inflammation, improves digestion, and is a great source of protein.
Studies have also shown that consuming gelatin reduces appetite and increases feelings of fullness thus helping with weight loss.
Add that to the energy boost that matcha provides and you got yourself a pretty solid dessert.
And all you need to do to make this recipe is mix some gelatin and Matcha Powder in a pot, throw some Swerve/Monkfruit in there and heat it up. From there, cool it down in the fridge and there you go, you have yourself some low-carb/keto matcha jelly! Still sweet with no carbs or sugar!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 5M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H8M
Net Carb/Serv ~0.5g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) In a medium stove top pot, mix gelatin with cold water until well incorporated. Note – Do not put on heat yet.
4) Place stove top pot over medium-low heat until just dissolved and remove from heat. Note – Do not boil.
5) Strain mixture with fine mesh strainer, pour into your desired mold or dish and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
6) Prior to serving, pour 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream over each jelly dessert and top with optional whipped cream.
**Because real Matcha Powder is made up of ground tea leaves, it does not fully dissolve in water. So, some settling will occur on the bottom of the jello.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Matcha Jelly!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 2 cup Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Gelatin or 1 - 1/4 oz packets
- 1 tbsp Matcha Powder
- 4 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-8 tbsp Half and Half
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a medium stove top pot, mix gelatin with cold water until well incorporated. Note - Do not put on heat yet.
- Add Matcha Powder, Swerve/Monkfruit, vanilla extract and stir.
- Place stove top pot over medium-low heat until just dissolved and remove from heat. Note - Do not boil
- Strain mixture with fine mesh strainer, pour into your desired mold or dish and place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Prior to serving, pour 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream over each jelly dessert and top with optional whipped cream.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*