Gone are my McDonald’s days when I used to order myself a Big Mac with fries and a coke. I have made peace with that. But one of the things I miss was stopping by McDonalds’ in the morning when leaving for a road trip and ordering a Mcgriddle.
I just loved the savory sausage sandwiched between sweet maple syrup pancakes! The juxtaposition between sweet and salty is something I really missed so I decided to do what I always do when I miss a certain type of food, start experimenting in the kitchen!
The only problem was that I didn’t have any low-carb/keto friendly maple syrup and that’s when I reached out to Choc Zero and they were kind enough to send me a box full of samples of their sugar-free maple syrup!
The second I opened the bottle and sampled their product, I was blown away at how amazing it tasted. I couldn’t believe this was low-carb/keto! Of course, you can choose to use other low carb friendly syrups but not sure how they would affect the recipe.
The sausage I used to make this McGriddle was a simple frozen patty I purchased from my local organic grocery store and for the sake of authenticity, I placed a slice of American cheese on the hot patty.
So if you are a McGriddle fan like myself, and I’m sure there are plenty out there considering the millions they sell each year, then trust me and go make this low-carb/keto version now! You won’t regret it!
For this dish, the special ingredients you would need are Sugar-Free Maple Syrup and Swerve/Monkfruit, which can be purchased on Amazon or a local specialty supermarket. You will also need a waffle maker. We use the Dash Mini Waffle Maker because it makes the perfect size waffles, but any waffle maker will do.
Note – If you are preparing multiple servings, we would recommend using 2 Dash Mini Waffle Maker simultaneously to reduce the cooking time.
Now if you’re ready, let’s chaffle!
Prepping Time 3M
Cooking Time 7M
Total Time 10M
Net Carb/Waffle ~1.5g
Servings 2 Waffles
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
3) In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
5) Place ~2 tbsp of egg mix onto the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, close lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
6) Meanwhile, follow cooking instructions for sausage patty and place cheese onto patty while still warm to melt.
7) Assemble Chaffle McGriddle and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Chaffle McGriddle!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
- 3/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Sugar-Free Flavored Maple Syrup we used Choc Zero Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Swerve/Monkfruit
- 1 Sausage Patty
- 1 Slice American Cheese
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Plug-in Dash Mini Waffle Maker to pre-heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg.
- Next, add shredded Mozzaerlla, Swerve/Monkfruit, Choc Zero Maple Syrup and mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Place ~2 tbsp of egg mix onto the Dash Mini Waffle Maker, close lid and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Repeat for as many waffles you are making.
- Meanwhile, follow cooking instructions for sausage patty and place cheese onto patty while still warm to melt.
- Assemble Chaffle McGriddle and enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*