If you’re a fan of boba milk tea, then this Keto Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding is right up your alley!
Coming from a Taiwanese background, milk tea beverages are everywhere so naturally, I grew up drinking and loving milk tea!
Of course I love boba milk tea, which originated from Taiwan, but being low-carb/keto, I haven’t had it in a while (boba aka tapioca balls are high in carbs).
More recently, I have been experimenting with different low-carb/keto desserts using milk tea and have found one that my family and I really love this milk tea flavored chia pudding!
My husband took one bite and said, “this tastes just like boba milk tea in a pudding form”. I knew right away I needed to share this recipe on LCA!
The reason I chose chia seeds is because I’m a big fan of these little seeds and I’ll tell you why.
Chia seeds are the perfect low-carb/keto food. Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 8g of carbohydrates and 8g of fiber equating to 0 net carbs!
They’re packed with omega 3’s and deliver massive amounts of nutrients and antioxidants, not to mention dietary fiber for intestinal health!
This chia seed pudding recipe requires no cooking and only minutes to whip up.
It’s really the simplest low-carb/keto dessert you can possibly make. The only hard part is waiting for it to gel up in the refrigerator.
Just a tip we learned along the way, if your chia seeds are a little old, they may not absorb liquid as well. If you find this to be the case, just add a little more chia seed to the mixture.
Also if you’re not familiar with chia pudding, it’s more a gel consistency and not like jello or custard. If you prefer a thicker consistency, use less water or increase the amount of chia seeds!
For this recipe, the special ingredients you would need are Jasmine or Black Loose Leaf Tea, a tea dispenser or tea pot, Swerve/Monkfruit, and Chia Seeds, all of which you can pick up on Amazon or a local supermarket.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Cooling Time 3H
Total Time 3H5M
Net Carb/Serv ~1g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Put Jasmine or Black Tea Leaves in the teapot, and pour in boiling water. Let steep for 3-5 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger and bolder the tea will be. Once brewed, transfer tea over to final serving cup.
4) Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note – you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
Chia Seed pudding can be stored in the refrigerator covered for up to 5 days.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb Keto Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Keto Low Carb Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 2 tsp Jasmine or Black Loose Leaf Tea
- 2 tbsp Monkfruit, Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds add 1 more tbsp for thicker consistency
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In small cup or bowl, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- Combine in Swerve/Monkfruit and half & half.
- Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*