If you’re a fan of boba milk tea, then this quick and easy Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding is right up your alley! Healthy chia seed pudding with that milk tea flavor you all know and love. Low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free and irresistibly delicious!
What is Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding?
This chia seed pudding recipe requires no cooking and only minutes to whip up. It is a healthy and tasty snack or dessert made from Chia seeds that are soaked in milk tea to form a pudding or gel like consistency.
What are the health benefits of chia seed?
Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which helps with heart health. They also contain a lot of fiber that can aid with weight loss and help with your digestive system. Per 1 tbsp, chia seeds contain the following vitamins and minerals:
- 60 Calories
- 2g Protein
- 4g Omega-3
- 5g Carbohydrates
- 5g Fiber
- 63mg Calcium
- 84mg Potassium
Is it healthy for you to consume chia seed every day?
Consuming chia seed every day can aid in weight loss by keeping you feeling full and satisfied. The high fiber content will help with regularity and intestinal health.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make milk tea chia seed pudding?
- Jasmine or Black Tea – use either jasmine for jasmine green tea or black for traditional milk tea. Loose leaf is preferred over tea bags to really get that bold tea flavor.
- Sweetener – to keep it sugar-free, we use monkfruit erythritol blend however you can use you’re preferred sweetener or traditional can sugar as well.
- Half and Half – can also use heavy cream or other types of alternative milk products if preferred.
- Chia Seeds – found in most supermarkets, chia seeds are healthy edible seeds from a plant. When soaked in liquid, they form a gel-like consistency and soak up flavors very well. For thicker consistency, you can add 1 extra tbsp of chia seeds.
What is the nutrition information for this chia seed pudding recipe?
- 131 Calories
- 12g Carbohydrates
- 8g Fiber
- 5g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 3mg Cholesterol
- 19mg Sodium
- 98mg Potassium
- 151mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
- 0ui Vitamin A
- 0mg Vitamin C
Did you have any other chia seed pudding recipe I can try?
- Thai Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- Coffee Chia Seed Pudding
- Churro Chia Seed Pudding
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Coconut Chia Pudding
Now, let’s get making this Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding recipe!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Cooling Time 3H
- Total Time 3H5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~1g
- Servings 1
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Put Jasmine or Black Tea Leaves in the teapot, and pour in boiling water. Let steep for 3-5 minutes. The longer you steep the stronger and bolder the tea will be. Once brewed, transfer tea over to final serving cup.
3) Combine in sweetener and half & half.
4) Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note – you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
Hope you enjoy your Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Milk Tea Chia Seed Pudding
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 2 tsp Jasmine or Black Loose Leaf Tea
- 2 tbsp Sweetener monkfruit erythritol blend, sugar or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds add 1 more tbsp for thicker consistency
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In small cup or bowl, place tea bag inside and pour in boiling water. Let steep approx 3-5 minutes then remove tea bag.
- Combine in sweetener and half & half.
- Next, combine in Chia Seeds. Once mixed in, place in refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Note - you can optional give the pudding a good stir about 30 minutes into the refrigeration process to prevent clumping.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*