These keto miso crab stuffed mushrooms are so juicy and exploding with umami flavor! Filled with crab, kewpie mayo, miso, parmesan, and a hint of sriracha, they are a perfect seafood appetizer for any occasion!
My entire family loves mushrooms. We usually either barbecue them on the grill or sauté them with garlic butter in a pan. Never did I ever think about stuffing them!
I was first introduced to stuffed mushrooms when my sister in law made some for thanksgiving.
Everyone raved about them so I thought why not make some and put my own spin on it!
Since mushrooms tend to contain a lot of liquid when cooked, I knew the stuffing had to be bold in flavor to balance the juiciness of the mushrooms.
I decided on a crab and miso mayo stuffing that actually turned out to be amazing!
These have become my new favorite way to eat mushrooms and my new favorite keto appetizer!
What kind of mushrooms do you recommend to use for crab stuffed mushrooms?
I prefer white button mushrooms but you can also use cremini mushrooms as well.
Are mushrooms keto low carb?
Mushrooms are very low in carbs (1 cup = 1.6 net carbs) and high in fiber making them a perfect addition to a keto or low carb diet.
What kind of mayo and miso do you recommend for miso crab stuffed mushrooms?
I use Kewpie mayo or Japanese mayo which tends to be a little more rich and creamy than American mayo.
The miso that we prefer is a brand called Marukome’s brown miso, however, most store bought miso’s work for this recipe.
Should I use fresh crab meat or canned crab for stuffed mushrooms?
If you have fresh crab meat, by all means use it! For the rest of you, canned crab meat works great!
Can I barbecue these crab stuffed mushrooms on the grill instead of baking them in the oven?
Yes, barbecue these over indirect heat for 10 minutes at 350-375 F with the cover closed.
Now, let’s making some Miso Crab Stuffed Mushrooms!
- Prepping Time 5M
- Baking Time 10M
- Total Time 15M
- Net Carb/Serv ~0.5g
- Serving 12
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (parchment paper works as well).
3) Finely chop green onions and set aside.
5) Wash, de-stem mushrooms, and then place mushroom onto the silicone baking mat concave up.
6) Stuff each mushroom with crab filling from step 4).
7) Bake for 10-12 minutes in the center of the oven and then transfer to a serving plate. Top with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Miso Crab Stuffed Mushrooms!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Miso Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 Medium Sized Common Mushrooms
- 6 oz Canned Lump Crab Meat or fresh if you have it
- 1 Stalk Green Onions
- 1/3 Cup Kewpie Mayo you can sub with American mayo but will alter taste
- 1 tsp Miso
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet with a silicone baking mat (parchment paper works as well).
- Finely chop green onions and set aside.
- Drain water from the canned crab and add crab into a small mixing bowl, along with Kewpie Mayo, Miso, Parmesan Cheese, Black Pepper and Sriracha. Mix well and set aside.
- Wash, de-stem mushrooms, and then place mushroom onto the silicone baking mat concave up.
- Stuff each mushroom with crab filling from step 4).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the center of the oven and then transfer to a serving plate. Top with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*