Prosciutto Radish Sprouts Wrap is a cold appetizer of prosciutto slices with a light garlic and Kewpie Mayo spread on the inside. It’s then rolled up with a fresh cucumber and kaiware daikon (radish sprouts) filling. This appetizer also goes well with cheese (we recommend fresh mozzarella), tomatoes, and/or cherry tomatoes.
How to make Prosciutto Radish Sprouts Wrap?
- For the filling, slice cucumbers to size (longways), and cut and rinse the kaiware radish sprouts. Again, cut the kaiware roots right above the sponge, and discard the sponge. Rinse away any seed shells that are left behind.
- For the spread, grind garlic with a grinder or garlic press, and place it into a small bowl. Drizzle in some Kewpie Mayo and mix well.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto down and apply a thin layer of spread. Place cucumber and a pinch of kaiware on top of the spread and roll prosciutto tightly. Hold in place with a toothpick and keep refrigerated until it’s ready to serve!
What ingredients to make this kaiware prosciutto wrap?
- Prosciutto – found in the refrigerated section of your local supermarket. Find one that is pink (not brown), with white ribbons of fat.
- Radish Sprouts – commonly sold in plastic containers. Look for ones with darker green leaves, and firm, crisp stems that grow straight up.
- Cucumber – fresh cucumber.
- Garlic – clove garlic, ground.
- Mayonnaise – use Japanese Kewpie Mayo. Can substitute with regular mayo but will alter flavor.
How to store leftovers?
To store leftovers, simply transfer them into an airtight container and keep in the fridge. They’ll stay fresh for 2-4 days.
Looking for other appetizer recipes?
- Spicy Garlic Asian Cucumber Salad
- Shrimp Cakes with Lemon Aioli
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Peruvian Style Shrimp Ceviche
Prosciutto Radish Sprouts Wrap
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Cut ends off of cucumber cut it long ways. Cut cucumber in half and cut again long ways making 2 halves. Cut halves long ways into 1/4's making four longs sticks from each half as shown below. Set aside.
- Cut radish sprouts about 1/2 inch above stem and wash in cold water well. Set aside.
- Grind garlic with a grinder or garlic press and place into a small mixing bowl.
- Add Kewpie Mayo into the small mixing bowl with garlic and mix well. This will be your spread.
- Lay a slice of prosciutto onto clean surface. Apply ~1 tsp of Japanese Garlic Mayo spread in a line across the center of the prosciutto. Place a slice of cucumber and pinch radish sprouts on top of the spread. Grab the bottom and roll upwards into a tight cylinder. Place tooth through the middle of ensure hold. Repeat for other pieces. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*