This spicy tuna avocado bowl is the perfect little appetizer or lunch for those who are low-carb/keto.
The tuna provides the protein while the avocado provides the healthy fats.
Traditionally spicy tuna is served in a sushi roll or hand roll with rice and wrapped in seaweed.
And course this is one of the most delicious ways to eat spicy tuna but unfortunately, it’s not low-carb/keto.
So how can you get your spicy tuna fix without all the carbs? The Spicy Tuna avocado bowl!
You will be surprised at how delicious and filling this little dish is not to mention it is low in carbs and high in fats. Exactly what our bodies need!
And it’s not any kind of fats either, it’s packed with omega 3s along over 20 essential vitamins and minerals, making it pretty much your natural daily vitamin pill!
It’s so quick and easy, just mix a few ingredients up in a bowl and top it on a halved avocado and viola, lunch is served!
For this recipe, the special ingredients you would need to pick up are Sriracha, Sesame Oil, Kewpie Mayo, Toasted Sesame Seed (optional), Togarashi and sushi/sashimi grade tuna. You can pick up most of these on Amazon or a local Asian supermarket.
Note – for the tuna, we recommend using Yellowfin Tuna/Ahi for this recipe. You can use either fresh or frozen/saku blocks but just make sure it does state ‘sushi/sashimi grade’ on the package. Bluefin Tuna/Hon Maguro is considered a premium tuna and an overkill to use for spicy tuna.
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Total Time 5M
Net Carb/Serv ~4g
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Finely chop green onions and place into small mixing bowl.
5) Cut avocado in halves, de-seed and fill the spicy tuna mix into the halves of the avocado. Here is how we cut our avocados. To enjoy, use a spoon to scrap up pieces of avocado along with spicy tuna mix.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Spicy Tuna Avocado Bowl!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Spicy Tuna Avocado Bowl
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 lb Yellowfin Tuna Sushi/Sashimi Grade
- 2 Stalk Green Onion
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Kewpie Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Togarashi can substitute with Cayenne Pepper, but use 1/4 tsp instead
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/8 tsp Toasted Sesame Seed optional
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Finely mince Yellowfin Tuna and place into a small mixing bowl. Do NOT use a food processor as the tuna will become too mushy.
- Finely chop green onions and place into small mixing bowl.
- In the same small mixing bowl, add Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Kewpie Mayo, Togarashi, Sriracha and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut avocado in halves, de-seed and fill the spicy tuna mix into the halves of the avocado. Here is how we cut our avocados. To enjoy, use a spoon to scrap up pieces of avocado along with spicy tuna mix.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*