When you are low carb but a fan of spinach artichoke dip what do you do? You make Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Balls!
These balls need no chips or bread. You just pop them in your mouth and you’re in heaven!
Spinach and artichoke is one of my all-time favorite dips! The savory blend of spinach, artichokes, and cream cheese is positively addictive and quite honestly, I could just eat it as is without any chips or bread!
This is why I created these Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Balls so you get all that outrageously delicious flavor in one…or two bites!
For this recipe, I took my standard spinach and artichoke dip recipe and tweaked it a little so that the consistency was slightly thicker.
Then I rolled it into a ball and put each one into the freezer so that the balls would harden and therefore making the dredging and frying processes easier and less messy.
So make sure you don’t skip this step. Then it’s just a matter of a quick fry in hot oil and voila, you got yourself some delicious spinach and artichoke balls that need no accompaniment!
The pork rind and almond flour coating gives it a nice crispy outside while the inside is a ball of melty goodness!
Now, let’s get started!
Prepping Time 5M
Freezing Time 10M
Cook Time 2M
Total Time 17M
Net Carb/Ball ~0.5g
Servings 9 Balls
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Defrost spinach, squeeze out excess water from spinach and chop into 1/4″ pieces.
3) Chop artichoke hearts.
6) Place mix in freezer for 5-10 minutes until slightly hardened.
7) Pour Unflavored Pork Rinds into a food processor and pulse until ground into very fine crumbs. You can also use your hands to crush the pork rinds if you don’t have a food processor. Note – Skip this step if you are using Pork Panko.
9) Take cream cheese mixture out of the freezer and roll into 1/2 inch balls.
11) Fill vegetable oil up to about half of a fry pan and heat on medium.
12) Once the oil is heated and starts to lightly smoke, carefully transfer cream cheese balls and cook for 1 minute. Rotate and cook for an additional minute of the other side. Serve warm. Note – Once cooked, these can also be stored frozen. To heat, place in oven at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.
Hope you enjoy your low-carb/keto Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Balls!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of Asian inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Spinach and Artichoke Cream Cheese Balls
- 4 oz Cream Cheese slightly room temp
- 1/2 Cup Spinach Frozen and Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Shredded
- 2 Whole Artichoke Hearts canned
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Sriracha optional
- 1 Egg Egg beaten
- 2 oz Unflavored Pork Rinds 1/4 Cup if using Pork Panko
- 1/3 Cup Almond Flour
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Defrost spinach, squeeze out excess water from spinach and chop into 1/4" pieces.
- Chop artichoke hearts.
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, spinach, garlic, artichokes, Parmesan, salt, black pepper, and optional Sriracha into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Place mix in freezer for 5-10 minutes until slightly hardened.
- Meanwhile, place unflavored pork rinds in a food processor and pulse until rinds mimic the texture of bread crumbs.
- In three separate small mixing bowl, fill one bowl with almond flour, one bowl with egg, and one bowl with crushed unflavored pork rinds.
- Take cream cheese mixture out of the freezer and roll into 1/2 inch balls.
- In this order, dip and coat each ball: almond flour > eggs > crushed unflavored pork rinds.
- Fill vegetable oil up to about half of a fry pan and heat on medium.
- Once the oil is heated and starts to lightly smoke, carefully transfer cream cheese balls and cook for 1 minute. Rotate and cook for an additional minute of the other side. Serve warm.**Once cooked, these can also be stored frozen. To heat, place in oven at 350 F for 8-10 minutes.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*