Start your morning off right with this healthy and energizing ginger shot. Fresh ginger, coconut water, lemon juice and a dash of cayenne make this ginger shot recipe sugar-free and so easy to make.
Drinking a ginger wellness shot daily can have immune-boosting effects and give you the energy you need to start your day. Make a large batch and store it in the fridge for quick and easy ginger shots.
What is The Ginger Shot?
A ginger shot is a concentrated blend of ginger, coconut water, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. This recipe does not use any sweeteners such as sugar, honey or maple syrup. The only sweetener is the natural sugar found in coconut water.
Ginger shots are meant to be taken as a shot once a day for optimal health benefits.
What ingredients do I need and how do you make a ginger shot?
The ingredients needed include:
- Fresh Ginger Root – washed and peel or unpeeled and loosely chopped or sliced.
- Coconut Water – use 100% natural coconut water without any additives or sugars. You can also use water if preferred.
- Lemon – juice from two freshly squeezed lemons
- Cayenne Pepper – aids in detoxifying your body, boosting metabolism, fighting infection, and weight-loss.
Add all ingredients to a blender until well blended. Pour mixture into strainer and press the remaining ginger juice out of the pulp. Serve and enjoy the benefits!
You can also use a juicer which will strain the liquid automatically.
What are the health benefits of ginger and ginger shots?
There are many health benefits of ginger and ginger shots. They include:
- Boost immune system
- Ward off illness
- Fights infection
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Help with nausea
- Aid digestion
- Lower blood sugar levels
Why add Cayenne Pepper to ginger shot?
Adding cayenne pepper to ginger shots aids in detoxifying your body, boosting metabolism, fighting infection, and weight-loss.
How do you store ginger shot once made?
Store ginger shots in a bottle or mason jar with a lid. They will keep for up to one week.
Can you drink ginger shot everyday?
You can drink a ginger shot everyday for maximum health benefits.
Note – consuming large amounts of ginger may have blood thinning effects so be sure to contact your physician when making any changes to your diet.
What is the nutrition information for this ginger shot recipe?
- 25 Calories
- 6g Carbohydrates
- 1g Fiber
- 1g Protein
- 1g Fat
- 0mg Cholesterol
- 24mg Sodium
- 159mg Potassium
- 9mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
- 9ui Vitamin A
- 6mg Vitamin C
Looking for other healthy drink recipes?
Now, let’s get making this Ginger Shot recipe!
- Prepping Time 3M
- Total Time 3M
- Net Carb/Serving~5g
- Servings 12
- 10-14 oz Ginger (adjust depending on preference)
- 1 Cup Coconut Water (can sub with water for lower carb)
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1) Gather all the ingredients.
2) Place all ingredients inside a blender and blend for 5-10 seconds until everything is well blended.
3) Pour liquid in through a strainer making sure to press out any excess juices.
4) Store in a bottle in the fridge until ready to consume.
Hope you enjoy your Ginger Shot!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of healthy low carb inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
The Ginger Shot
- 10-14 oz Ginger adjust depending on preference
- 1 Cup Coconut Water can sub with water for lower carb
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice about 2 lemons
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Place all ingredients inside a blender and blend for 5-10 seconds until everything is well blended.
- Pour the liquid in through a strainer making sure to press out any excess juices.
- Store in a bottle in the fridge until ready to consume.
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*