Egg roll in a bowl gives you all the wonderful flavors of an egg roll minus the wrapper all in one pan. This keto friendly meal is packed with protein and can be made in just minutes. As a bonus, it’s a one stop shop for all the ingredients at your local Trader Joe’s, which is a new keto recipe series we’re working on!
Egg roll in a bowl was one of the first recipes I made when I started keto and I’ve been making it ever since for the last 6 years.
Not only is it so delicious but its flavors are addicting enough to coin the dish “crack slaw”!
As a frequent shopper at Trader Joe’s, I used to spend hours browsing the aisles trying to come up with different keto recipes I could make at home. It never occurred to me that so many of you were doing the same thing!
So that gave me the idea for the series and I’m excited to share with you guys how to eat keto at Trader Joe’s!
I’ll show different recipes I make with exclusive Trader Joe’s products and with that, let’s start with this egg roll in a bowl!
What is egg roll in a bowl?
Egg roll in a bowl is basically an Asian style ground beef stir fry with ingredients similar to what you would find in the filling of an egg roll.
What’s Trader Joe’s?
Trader Joe’s is a national chain of neighborhood grocery stores. Most of their items are private branded and they carry everything from every basic to unique and interesting products.
For those that aren’t familiar with private brands, many of the items are produced in the same manufacturer with near identical ingredients as ‘name/national brands’, but just under a ‘private’ branding. What this allows is the elimination of marketing costs and the pricing becomes significantly cheaper for the shopper.
For those that don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, you still can make these recipes, but you might have to make a couple of stops to gather all the ingredients.
Can I get all the ingredients used for keto egg roll in a bowl at Trader Joe’s?
Yes, everything ingredient we use for this recipe can be purchased at Trader’s Joe’s! That’s the whole focus on this keto Trader Joe’s series!
What other keto Trader Joe meals can I make?
We are working on so many more recipes made with ingredients purchased at Trader Joe’s so stay tuned and make sure to follow us on our social media and check out this link for our latest keto Trader Joe’s recipes!
To make this recipe, all the ingredients are at your local Trader Joes! But if you don’t have one around your neighborhood, you can also pick up everything on Amazon and your local supermarket.
Now, let’s get starting making some egg roll in a bowl from Trader Joes.
- Cook Time 5M
- Total Time 5M
- Net Carb/Serv ~6g
- Servings 2
1) Gather all the ingredients.
3) Chop green onions and set aside.
4) In a large teflon frying pan, add in ground beef and sprinkle salt and black pepper. Cook over over medium high heat until browned. Transfer browned beef to a holding plate while leaving reserving liquid in the frying pan.
5) Add grated garlic into the frying pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
6) Mix in shredded cabbage. Cook until desired tenderness (about 2-3 minutes).
8) Transfer to serving plate and top with a squeeze of Sriracha and chopped green onions. Enjoy hot!
Hope you enjoy your Trader Joe’s Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl!
If you’re looking for other recipe ideas, be sure to check out our growing Recipe Index full of keto inspired recipes!
Join us on Facebook to be part of our interactive discussions & recipe requests and follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, or subscribe to our New Recipe Notification and be the first to know when we post a new recipe!
Trader Joe's Keto Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 9 oz Shredded Cabbage
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 Stalk Green Onions
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Grind garlic with a grinder or garlic press and place aside.
- Chop green onions and set aside.
- In a large teflon frying pan, add in ground beef and sprinkle salt and black pepper. Cook over over medium high heat until browned. Transfer browned beef to a holding plate while leaving reserving liquid in the frying pan.
- Add grated garlic into the frying pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix in shredded cabbage. Cook until desired tenderness (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add back in the cooked ground beef from step 3) and then stir in Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil.
- Transfer to serving plate and top with a squeeze of Sriracha and chopped green onions. Enjoy hot!
*This page contains affiliate marketing links*